Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree548Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-11-2013, 15:35   #616
God Member

Re: Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
No one is forcing you to read or reply
It's the voices in his head
Accrington Web
Old 18-11-2013, 15:36   #617
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
No he wouldn't, he's already bragged about closing down a religious site and on another site pestering the members so much the Administrators created a religous section to try to curb his enthusiasm, he claims that he made sure that didn't work.

He has also threatened to use similar tactics on here if he can't have his way.
That won't happen here, if he pesters he will probably just get banned
Old 18-11-2013, 15:52   #618
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
he will probably just get banned
Only probably?
Old 18-11-2013, 16:03   #619
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Only probably?
Indeed the evidence is in this thread.
Old 18-11-2013, 16:35   #620
I am Banned

In the words of the Blessed Margaret "I wasn't thinking of anyone in particular" when I ordered a job lot of these t-shirts for the forum
Mine fits me a treat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg plato-wise-men-tshirt_design.jpg (62.4 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by DtheP47; 18-11-2013 at 16:38.
Old 18-11-2013, 17:20   #621
Resting in Peace

Quote:
No one is forcing you to read or reply
who rattled your cage
Old 18-11-2013, 17:29   #622
God Member

It's about time we stopped responding to his biblical cut and pastes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg skisrcsn.jpeg (12.0 KB, 10 views)
jaysay, Eric, dotti34 and 1 others like this.

Old 18-11-2013, 18:07   #623
God Member

Here is an amusing cartoon depiction of the 'biblical marriage'

http://glossynews.com/wp-content/upl...l-marriage.jpg
Alan Varrechia likes this.

Old 18-11-2013, 19:42   #624

Quote:
That won't happen here, if he pesters he will probably just get banned
Hi Neil,

Again I have been misquoted. Somebody asked why I left a certain site and I replied that the site owners had gone AWOL and that is why it closed down. I certainly did not brag about it since I was top poster there by a long way.

I wonder why people like to twist and distort what is said. It is because of sin and that is why we need a Saviour.

I think that a certain member has been upset with his religious experience and he seems to want to blame every Christian for it. We are all responsible for our own actions and not those of others.
Old 18-11-2013, 20:10   #625

Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by K99WARD View Post
I think that a certain member has been upset with his religious experience and he seems to want to blame every Christian for it. We are all responsible for our own actions and not those of others.
Once again you are wrong with your conclusions,
A certain member didn't have a religious experience.
He experienced what can happen when religious people interfere in the lives of others against their will.
He has no problem with anyone choosing a religion if they so wish, but he will always come down hard on any drippy sod that tries to force their views or beliefs onto people that don't want to know about them.
Old 18-11-2013, 20:36   #626
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
The usual load of platitudes. How many of the members various religious orders have committed cruel and unnatural acts against children and then been absolved by the leaders of the particular orders - don't tell me that they will finish up in hell or purgatory unless you can give a location for these two places - must be a very large place. Likewise, where is heaven, or paradise or nirvana?
I note that you still remain anonymous - makes me wonder what you are trying to hide. If you are attempting to promulgate the Word of God surely you should be proud to let everyone know who you are - unless you are a troll or a perv
Well Mr Ward 99, I have tried to look at all postings since the one quoted here - however my eyes must be failing me because I cannot find your response to my request for more information and I feel sure that you would have used the opportunity to enlighten the other members.
Please point out the number of your response and then I can offer you my sincere apologies - providing you did in fact answer my questions.
Old 19-11-2013, 01:59   #627

Ha ha, Eric, love your sense of humour.
Thanks for the congrats. Not quite 57 years yet (February 2014) – so there’s still time….
No big secret for success. For one thing I was too far away to run home to mother, though there were times…..oops!! Then you suddenly realise you’ve sort of passed the point of no return. Had to weather a few storms along the way like most folk but it’s all been worth it. Being complete opposites have had lots of ‘debates’ (sounds nicer than the other word) – means life is never boring.
Btw, we have five offspring, so I’ve spent 45 months or so being pregnant – think that even beats an elephant.
Sorry, have wandered off the thread. Enjoy your skating.....
Old 19-11-2013, 07:08   #628
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by K99WARD View Post
Hi Neil,

Again I have been misquoted. Somebody asked why I left a certain site and I replied that the site owners had gone AWOL and that is why it closed down. I certainly did not brag about it since I was top poster there by a long way.

I wonder why people like to twist and distort what is said.
Well I am not twisting or distorting what you said .

I am quoting what you said , and seeking , in vain up to now , some answers to what you said .

Just to remind you this is what I asked .

You said : " We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel. Nothing further is required of us. "

Are the two separate statements you have just mentioned

1. We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel.
2. Nothing further is required of us. ?

If so which Bible are you using ?

Are you serious that Jesus commanded his followers just to tell the Gospel and made no other commands because nothing further is required of them ?
Old 19-11-2013, 10:03   #629

Being 'blessed' with an imagination, I had in my mind, a hypothetical conversation with the God botherer, my imagination is of course flawed because in it he answers my questions:-

Me Thank you for coming Kevin, now if I may, according to you God is perfect?

Kevin Yes.

Me Also God, made us in his image?

Kevin Yes.

Me So, let me get this straight, we therefore are exactly as Your God though perhaps not spiritually, after all he was generous enough to give us free will wasn't he?

Kevin Well, Yes and Yes.

Me O.K. so if we are the perfect image of God who is all knowing all seeing and to be worshipped by us as our creator, Why?

Kevin Why what?

Me Why did this 'perfect being' in who's image we have been created, make it necessary for us to invent toilet paper?

Last edited by Less; 19-11-2013 at 10:08.
Old 19-11-2013, 12:08   #630
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
What evidence have you for yours? God's assurance is not evidence.

Yet another of your extremely patronising posts. No wonder this thread has filled 37 pages in just over a week, most of which is your senseless drivel.
L Ron Hubbard realised early on that you can make people believe in anything and he started Scientology (you don't get told what they stand for till you've paid out 1,000's of pounds or dollars!) - now worth Billions of dollars world wide! If this stands with his ideas then apply the same principle to Christianity! Some people will believe anything without proof.

Last edited by kestrelx; 19-11-2013 at 12:10.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..