Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2007, 12:30   #16
I am Banned

Re: Social Services failed again

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
wasnt it the childs grandmother that raised the alarm...? and as for the social services going round to be told the child were out with her dad this happened several times and no action were taken... that SW should be strung up..i mean why oh why did she not insist on waiting and seeing the little girl for herself . alarm bells should have rung the second time she were given that story..
Yeh thats true.

Trouble with social services is their inconsistances in handling cases of suspicion, heavy handed when no need to be & too soft when need to be
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-02-2007, 12:51   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
Yeh thats true.

Trouble with social services is their inconsistances in handling cases of suspicion, heavy handed when no need to be & too soft when need to be

After this latest balls up you would think that the SS would get a public inquiry thrust upon them and ways found to sort out the mess its in.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 15:35   #18
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
Yeh thats true.

So it's not just me that thinks this - it does seem that if you are decent, hard-working and self-supporting, Social Services will be down on you like a shot if your child develops so much as a bruise, but you can get away with murder quite literally (or almost so) if you are known to be violent and have a history of abuse of others. There have been so many cases where good parents have had to fight to stop their children being taken away from them for no reason at all, and yet the same morons who are splitting up decent families will accept from some known violent toe-rag that their "at risk" child is not available whenever they call. I think perhaps anyone who wants to be a social worker is the very last sort of person who should be allowed to be - a desire to interfere in someone else's life in order to cover up the inadequacies of their own is all too frequently the motivation. And, what's more, the majority of them have no particular background in any of the social sciences or medicine - only a "Certificate in Social Work" - available in your local public bog, please take one off the roll.

There - I've had my moan, but unfortunately it's all too true.
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 16:14   #19
God Member

The SS never seem to have to answer for their actions which to me is downright disgraceful all govenment departments should be open to intense scrutiny. Pendy its not a moan its a fair assesment of the situation.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 09-02-2007, 17:48   #20
Senior Member+

It's no surprise when things like this happen;I was asked some rather "odd " questions when I had to take my daughter to casualty twice in a year,both times for head injuries;she crashed into the hearth at the child minders and then fell backwards off a stool at my Mum's. I understand why the questions were necessary but I was also glad that I had witnesses to both these accidents as I felt it would have been difficult to prove otherwise ! These questions were raised by the staff at the hospital and I understand that the doctors in the poor childs case raised their concerns over her broken arm;obviously not followed up carefully enough.
Old 09-02-2007, 19:13   #21
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

I cannot believe that these 'things' only got 10/12 years!!!
they should be strung up and left for the public to deal with, with what they done to that poor child!!
Old 09-02-2007, 19:50   #22

As spuggie says the cons will get them. Well i hope they do. Reading the report is sickening. What that child must have gone through and most likely is still going through is terrible. Lets hope she gets some excellent foster parents. Haven't got a lot of faith in SS myself. Must need a degree in stupididy along with whatever else they need to become a social worker. Okay there must be some decent ones out there but if they haven't got a good boss they're might as well bang their heads against a brick wall. It's time they got rid of the PC brigade and got back to basics.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 21:13   #23
Passed away 25-11-09

I was talking about this case with a colleague yesterday. Her friend is a Social Worker and she said it was difficult for them as they have such large caseloads and restricted resources. Well, excuse me, but that just doesn't cut it for me. The 2 elements of society that are most vulnerable are the very young and the very old and if I were a Social Worker I would not be able to walk away from a situation where I had the slightest suspicion there might be something wrong. For exactly that reason I would, probably, never have lasted more than 5 minutes in that job.

That, to me, is where it all goes wrong. Too many people in that profession are there for the money and the kudos and treat it as just a job. Could you sleep at night if you had the faintest inkling a child was being abused and you hadn't done your damnedest to find the facts and make that child safe? I couldn't.
Old 10-02-2007, 14:31   #24
God Member

Personally, I wouldn't be able to go home and switch off if I thought a child was in danger and surely there are priorities amongst their case loads, children most at risk etc. I dont think a busy case load can be blamed on this occasion as the SW that went round was fobbed off twice.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 16:57   #25
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Once again we have a terrible case of abuse which has been mismanaged. The pathetic sentencing tells us that this is not a great crime, how very wrong..
I agree that these people should be sterilised, it's amazing that people like this never seem to have a problem procreating. I will bet that some do-gooder will now argue that the couple were unable to cope with their child's disabilities and did not get enough support from local services because, in this country, there is always some pinko willing to make an excuse for somebody elses pure badness..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 17:48   #26
God Member

Until the SS is brought to task and heads role because of what amounts to a humungus goof. They seem to be a law until themselves who when a kid gets a clip around the lug and its reported they do a charge of the light brigade in (ok slight exagiration) Yet when there was a child in trouble and they have concerns they take the softly softly approach.

The buck gets bounced around more than a ping pong ball.

THIS NEEDS TO STOP

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 10-02-2007, 21:57   #27
God Member

Just found this news report

The Sun has discovered that the mother jailed for torturing her disabled daughter is five-and-a-half months pregnant.

Kimberly Harte, 23, has just started serving an 11-and-a-half year prison sentence after subjecting her four-year-old, who suffers from cerebral palsy, to a campaign of systematic cruelty.

But Harte, who is now in Holloway Prison, will not be allowed to keep her baby - it will be taken away at birth.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 23:52   #28
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Harte, who is now in Holloway Prison, will not be allowed to keep her baby - it will be taken away at birth.
Excellent decision - common sense prevails at last.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 00:23   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Excellent decision - common sense prevails at last.

Hope the child dosnt learn of its parents past or has any contact.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 11-02-2007, 08:38   #30
Resident Waffler

Even if adopted, he or she will probably want to trace their natural parents one day Imagine how awful that is going to be.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..