Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-08-2007, 12:48   #1

Man beaten whilst protecting property-dies.

BBC NEWS | England | Merseyside | Youths quizzed over man's murder
Another day another death caused by feral packs of youths.
Whilst watching a report of this on Sunday's BBC,I noticed one thing,the reporter was interviewing neighbours of the deceased,the middle aged ones expressed their shock and sadness,whilst a younger resident stated,' it was a quiet area,no trouble really..well we've had cars damaged...but that's kids!!'
I find it depressing that the car damage is expected and accepted as the norm.
Perhaps if we were all less blase about 'kids'damaging property, there would be less chance of these kinds of attacks on our streets.
Meanwhile another family grieves.
What's the answer?
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-08-2007, 12:58   #2
God Member

Re: Man beaten whilst protecting property-dies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampman View Post
What's the answer?
Stricter Laws, Stricter Teachings and stricter parenting..........

All above will never happen!!

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2007, 13:51   #3
Passed away 25-11-09

This murder took place round the corner from my elder daughter's house, about 200 yards away. It's a pleasant, residential area 2 miles out of Warrington town centre. The sort of place where, 20 years ago, you could never have imagined this sort of thing could happen.

What the hell have we allowed to be done to Society?
Old 13-08-2007, 14:03   #4
God Member

Quote:
What the hell have we allowed to be done to Society?
West Ender, I don't think anybody has the answer to this, it is just a sad reflection of todays society that these morons walk our streets and cause grief to innocent people without a second thought.
BERNADETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2007, 14:30   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
Stricter Laws, Stricter Teachings and stricter parenting..........

All above will never happen!!
We may struggle with stricter laws and strickter teaching put as parents its our responsibility to bring up well mannered well behaved and well disiplined kids. The way it stands at the moment a parent can be considered a criminal for giving a kid a slap. It will reach the point were it will be mob rule on the streets because the law aint got the backbone to sort these minorities of gangs that plague nieghbourhoods out.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2007, 15:06   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
We may struggle with stricter laws and strickter teaching put as parents its our responsibility to bring up well mannered well behaved and well disiplined kids. The way it stands at the moment a parent can be considered a criminal for giving a kid a slap. It will reach the point were it will be mob rule on the streets because the law aint got the backbone to sort these minorities of gangs that plague nieghbourhoods out.
Yes I know what you mean about the parenting Spugg but, I think if you have good parenting skill's there is no need for slapping your kids any way!

My mum very rarely had to ever slap us, but I think we were quite well mannered kids. The LOOK she gave us was enough to know we had over stepped the mark

And we were taught from a very young age that we ever bring the police to her door and we would have more than the police to worry about!!

As it goes, I don't need to slap my children and they are good mannered kids, and they too know if they ever brought the police to my door, they would be in deep lumber!! None of this " my kids have rights" bull, they get into trouble with the police, they pay the consequences dearly.

I know it's not easy being a parent, but if you start with the right attitude while they are young, then you don't have as much trouble when they get older. Much harder to try and change a teenager that has got away with blue murder all their life

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2007, 15:11   #7
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
Yes I know what you mean about the parenting Spugg but, I think if you have good parenting skill's there is no need for slapping your kids any way!

My mum very rarely had to ever slap us, but I think we were quite well mannered kids. The LOOK she gave us was enough to know we had over stepped the mark

And we were taught from a very young age that we ever bring the police to her door and we would have more than the police to worry about!!

As it goes, I don't need to slap my children and they are good mannered kids, and they too know if they ever brought the police to my door, they would be in deep lumber!! None of this " my kids have rights" bull, they get into trouble with the police, they pay the consequences dearly.

I know it's not easy being a parent, but if you start with the right attitude while they are young, then you don't have as much trouble when they get older. Much harder to try and change a teenager that has got away with blue murder all their life
Very true slinky Also kids needs guidence on whats right or wrong & to apply the right track & not the wrong one to any given situation & yes that has to start learning that early on in life - even if said situation has not necessarily arrived yet - then kids need to be warned & taught before some situations arrived as consequence of actions done earlier that may of not been as bad but soon escalates.

My kids hate the word 'consequences' cos they hear it that much
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2007, 15:13   #8
God Member

Well said slinky.. Although I got slated on here for having the same point of view so take a deep breath..
Old 13-08-2007, 15:15   #9
God Member

I have no real trouble with Lauren as she knows if I raise my voice a tad she has gone too far. Personally I think its those parents who dont give a damn providing that their kids are out of their way they are ok. So its in many cases "out of sight out of mind" attitude that prevails. The result is that these parents are ignorant of what their "little lambs" are up to, that and those that give em £30 at the weekend and say "go and enjoy yourself" while in a blinkered state as to what they are up to. End result is violence, drugs, drink, underage pregnancies and criminal damage.

Parents should be hauled over the coals at the same time as their offspring. Its too easy for them to say they dont know what the kids are doing which to me is negligence.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 13-08-2007, 15:21   #10
I am Banned

A friend of ours got beaten up badly last year trying to fend off yobs stealing & wrecking his car, he ended up having his legs smashed in, also after all that the police didnt get them [be usual down to evidence] so our friend was left scared in his own home to the point late last year spent a lot of time staying with friends, cos he was worried they'd come back for more of the same which i think they did or was serious hint or so.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2007, 15:23   #11
God Member

God forbid that I had ever got in trouble with the police,I dread to think how my mum would have reacted. I even got wise when I got a slap at school[which wasn't very often may I add], I never told her after she slapped me again saying I must have dione something to deserve the slap in the first place. If my memory serves me right I had gine onto the fire escape at playtime, todays kids need a bit of old fashioned disipline, that is what they are short of.
BERNADETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2007, 15:27   #12
Resting in Peace

Parents parents are mainly to blame.... plus it would do no harm to give the kids a good smack now and again.... never did me any harm:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2007, 15:29   #13

The problem is there is no respect anymore, or any deterrent.
whistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2007, 15:50   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by whistler View Post
The problem is there is no respect anymore, or any deterrent.

A slap when they are young enough is a good deterrent....make them think twice ( like we did when we were kids) well anyone over 35 that is
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2007, 16:40   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
A slap when they are young enough is a good deterrent....make them think twice ( like we did when we were kids) well anyone over 35 that is
Had a few of them. If the police were involved you copped it of them as well as parents. Its time it came back before we have a society that is run on mob and street law.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..