Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2009, 11:34   #31
Senior Member+

Re: IVF mothers can name ANYONE as father

its on as i get back from dropping ty at school, i have a brew and my breakfast and watch jeremy kyle, theres some 'interesting' people on there, i like the ones that fail the dna and lie detector tests then still wont admit it and say the tests are wrong

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-03-2009, 16:02   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Can the reason for that be put down to your genetic make up though?
Well not my genetic make up I hasten to add, but I suppose that its like anything else Neil, a persons parents maybe fit and well but a child can have an health defect, don't think you an put down to genetic make up, although some diseases are passed on through genetics but not all
Old 10-04-2009, 00:44   #33
God Member

Quote:
In the films Freddie has more than one dad?

alice cooper was his daddy

although in an earlier film they said somat else

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:35   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
alice cooper was his daddy

although in an earlier film they said somat else
Oh come on accyman Alice Cooper is much uglier than that
Old 10-04-2009, 10:59   #35

Am I the only one seeing a potential problem here? Any person who is named as the father of a child should be the biological father. It protects the child's right to identify any potential health risks/problems that may arise in the future and also ensures the stability of the gene pool. Could you imagine in the future if women who have had IVF and have used a sperm donor, claimed that Joe Bloggs was the father, when in fact Donor Number 12345 is actually the father. No one knows how many children Donor 12345 has fathered or where those children are. Incest comes to mind. It's not right and it's also one of the many reasons humankind shouldn't be messing about with creating life that wasn't meant to be.
mothernature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 16:13   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothernature View Post
Am I the only one seeing a potential problem here? Any person who is named as the father of a child should be the biological father. It protects the child's right to identify any potential health risks/problems that may arise in the future and also ensures the stability of the gene pool. Could you imagine in the future if women who have had IVF and have used a sperm donor, claimed that Joe Bloggs was the father, when in fact Donor Number 12345 is actually the father. No one knows how many children Donor 12345 has fathered or where those children are. Incest comes to mind. It's not right and it's also one of the many reasons humankind shouldn't be messing about with creating life that wasn't meant to be.
Was there not a case not to long ago about siblings / twins which had been seperated or similar, falling in love years later, only to find out that they were related? (or did I dream that one?? help anyone??)

Edit:

Found a link to what I was on about, glad i hadnt dreamt it, slightly different though, they share the same mother but the brother was put into care, but shows that it can happen and maybe siblings have a special bond whether they know them or not which it seems in this case has been mistaken for love

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...t-met-20s.html

Last edited by emzy; 10-04-2009 at 16:17.
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 21:35   #37
Passed away 25-11-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
i have a brew and my breakfast and watch jeremy kyle, theres some 'interesting' people on there, i like the ones that fail the dna and lie detector tests then still wont admit it and say the tests are wrong

I watch it too, while I tidy up after breakfast, out of sheer fascination of the sort of people who appear on it. It may well be rubbish but there's lots more rubbish on TV. Each to his own.

This naming of "anyone" as the father - well, it's been going on since registration first became compulsory hasn't it? What's that old saying? It's a wise child that knows its own father.
Old 10-04-2009, 21:41   #38
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
This naming of "anyone" as the father - well, it's been going on since registration first became compulsory hasn't it? What's that old saying? It's a wise child that knows its own father.
I would have thought by now that if a bloke denies the child is his then either the mother or the government would have to prove if he is or not before his name can go on the birth certificate as father. After all a birth certificate is a legal document.

What happens then if a bloke says the baby is not his? What gets put of the birth certificate?

Its the same with child support. The calculations and amounts are set in law. Surely if a man denies the child is his then the mother/csa will have to prove he is before any money is taken from him.
Old 10-04-2009, 21:54   #39
Senior Member+

if he doesnt think the baby is his then he shouldnt go and get his name on the certifiate, unless he is married to the mother then she cant put his name on without him being there.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 10-04-2009, 22:13   #40
Passed away 25-11-09

I was thinking more of husbands who have believed they were also fathers but, biologically, weren't. There was a lot of it about in the 1940s so I'm told.
Old 10-04-2009, 22:45   #41
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
if he doesnt think the baby is his then he shouldnt go and get his name on the certifiate, unless he is married to the mother then she cant put his name on without him being there.
I have not been in that position.
So does a birth certificate not have to name the father?
If that is the case how does the mother prove who the father is when wanting to get money for the baby?
Old 10-04-2009, 23:03   #42
God Member

jeremy kyle lol

the mother can name anyone she likes and if it is proved not to be the bloke she says it is she has to provide a name of the next possability and so on until they get a positive match,if the bloke refuses teh DNA test they automaticly assume guilt so they never actually ever know who teh father is but the records are kept straight and thats all that matters

it would be interesting to see if a woman accused prince harry of fathering their child wether he would have to have a dna test and if he refused would he be automaticly found to be the father

the csa have even pressed women who have been raped for teh father name , pretty ruthless organisation once they get their teeth into somat or somone

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 10-04-2009 at 23:10.
Old 10-04-2009, 23:26   #43
God Member

unless married the father MUST be prsent if he wants his name on the birth certificate where he will sign the registration and also state his occupation if any

i am not on my eldest childs birth certificate as me and his mother had seperated but i am on my youngests birth certificate but i had to be present and even though i was seriously ill at the time they wouldnt make exceptions so i had to go if i wanted to be on it

even though my name is not on both birth certificates i have the same rights for both my children as i went to court and gained parental resposablity orders for them so wether or not my name is on their birth certificates is irrelivant

mind you 3 years on and im still in and out of court but thats a different story

Last edited by accyman; 10-04-2009 at 23:31.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:08   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
I have not been in that position.
So does a birth certificate not have to name the father?
If that is the case how does the mother prove who the father is when wanting to get money for the baby?
no it doesnt and that means that the father doesnt automatically get parental rights, he has to apply to court for them. I'm not sure about the csa and maintenance, Tys dad is on his birth certificate (although he doesnt have parental rights either because he was born before the rules changed). but theres only me on Graces.

Last edited by emamum; 11-04-2009 at 09:11.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:27   #45
God Member

i'm the only parent on Reece's birth certificate too

Shaun (i wont say his dad cos he's a ****** and doesnt deserve to be called dad) was living in Scotland when Reece was born, he didnt see Reece till he was 6 months old, he never wanted his name on it either, i get a letter from the csa every few months saying Shaun has to pay £0.00...it baffles me how he gets away with it

i used to work with a woman and she told me that her sons real dad wasnt on his birth certificate, but the bloke who she is now with.....is.....go figure that one out

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..