Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2009, 16:17   #211
Resting in Peace

Re: brown just go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
your happy with the service ..but not how it's run?..and what do you reckon should be done abut a service you are happy with?..keep taking the gas Jaysay but it does seem to get you confused these days
I'm happy with the people that provide the service, but not with the people in ivory towers that make the decisions, to me decisions should be made by clinicians, for the good of the patient, not somebody only there to placate the government targets. People running the NHS should have a full medical background not out of work double glazing salesmen or former supermarket managers
Old 06-08-2009, 19:06   #212
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I'm happy with the people that provide the service, but not with the people in ivory towers that make the decisions, to me decisions should be made by clinicians, for the good of the patient, not somebody only there to placate the government targets. People running the NHS should have a full medical background not out of work double glazing salesmen or former supermarket managers
So if I was an out of work double glazing salesman, I could get a job running the health service could I?
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 20:39   #213
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
So if I was an out of work double glazing salesman, I could get a job running the health service could I?
With qualifications like that you could be PM, and run the whole country
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 00:08   #214
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
With qualifications like that you could be PM, and run the whole country
...although you would need to be Scottish too, or have been educated there.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:56   #215
God Member

Quote:
Your lot installed the Private Mangement scheme in 1988..and we were told would do wonders for the NHS..the first sacked and privatised were the cleaners.. then the caterers.. these are the people you are most likley to start on on when having a go at the NHS ..talk facts man..then we all know were we stand.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 05:55   #216
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
...although you would need to be Scottish too, or have been educated there.

Please dont insult Scots. The bam in Downing Street is from Fife a region that thinks its better than everywere and everyone else.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:57   #217
Resting in Peace

Quote:
With this governmen to right, so long as you were a party faithful
Old 07-08-2009, 09:08   #218
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Your lot installed the Private Mangement scheme in 1988..and we were told would do wonders for the NHS..the first sacked and privatised were the cleaners.. then the caterers.. these are the people you are most likley to start on on when having a go at the NHS ..talk facts man..then we all know were we stand.
Only last month I was talking to the engineer who deals with my home oxygen supply who had been to a meeting the previous day, a new senior respetry nurse had taken over ( incidentally she used be West Enders Nurse) also at this meeting was the new area coordinator for the home oxygen service, after this meeting this engineer was talking to the new area coordinator, he asked how she was getting on, she replied she was getting the hang of it, he then asked what department she worked in previously, I didn't work in the health service I was area rep for a wholesale Grocery firm. One week selling baked beans to supermarkets the next coordinating home oxygen, wonderful
Old 08-08-2009, 14:34   #219
Resting in Peace

Former county council leader takes top East Lancashire health role (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Jobs for the boys or Girls:roll eyes:
Old 08-08-2009, 16:02   #220
Resting in Peace

Quote:
From what I read Jaysay, this lady is well qualified to take over a post such as this. Seems like all the best jobs in HBC have gone to Conservative members if you require an example of 'jobs for the boys'..

I understand people saying that if you take over a job (as per your little example), that they should be qualified on their product ... like the product in the NHS is us ... the sick. However, are councillors and M.P.s the most qualified to take up their positions ? They all have to rely on advisors whether it be Leisure, Dustbins, Police, Education, Transport, Planning, Housing, Economic matters etc., 'Jack of all Trades; Master of None' in other words.

What qualifications did your friend (PB) have to wield so much power over the spending of our taxes ..... wasn't he a teacher or summat ? ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 18:09   #221
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
What qualifications did your friend (PB) have to wield so much power over the spending of our taxes ..... wasn't he a teacher or summat ? ...
Education
Accriwoton Grammar School 1961-67
Chorely College of Education 1976

Non-political career
Special Needs Teacher, Hywdburn School For Past 20 Years

Old 08-08-2009, 18:19   #222
Give, give, give member

BBC NEWS | VOTE 2001 | CANDIDATES

I have posted this handy c.v. from the B.B.C. before on Accy Web.

It's unclear whether he supplied all the details, and associated spelling mistakes, himself. As no one has commented when I've drawn attention to it.

As a c.v. details are pretty scarce. No mention of selling sweeties, or even ladies frocks.

If I received this document in the post I'd only bother replying if the job in question was of the menial variety.

(Although he was working at my primary school whilst I attended, I was never one of his special needs pupils. Thank God.)

Old 08-08-2009, 18:25   #223
Senior Member+

I am led to believe Peter was a good teacher. It's just a pity he didn't stick to it
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 18:41   #224
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I am led to believe Peter was a good teacher.
I've posted that he was on this forum, and that children that he taught, who I know, loved him.

Perhaps the four walls of a classroom are a more secure environment for containing megalomania, than a political boundary.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:20   #225
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I am led to believe Peter was a good teacher. It's just a pity he didn't stick to it
They recon Mr Jones is a good printer let's hope me never gets he chance of a career move

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..