Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2020, 17:41   #541
God Member

Re: Corona Virus

I found this article one of the most perceptive and, regrettably, worrying things I’ve read around the farce we are currently living through.
It doesn’t just apply to the alleged pandemic, but explains why we’re in the mess we are in.
I suspect most who have retired from work will recognise something in it.

https://hectordrummond.com/2020/06/1...ny-of-process/
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-06-2020, 18:41   #542
Beacon of light

You are right.
It shines a light on things that 'they'(whoever they are) would prefer to remain dark.

They want a population that is compliant and unquestioning....and it seems like they have got it.

' A lie does not become truth, a wrong does not become right, evil does not become good
Just because it is accepted by the majority' Booker T.Washington.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 07:44   #543
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1241036]

They want a population that is compliant and unquestioning....and it seems like they have got it.

'not too sure margaret. we all deride social media at times but at least you get an alternative view. if all we had was the national media then we certainly would have a problem.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 10:34   #544
Beacon of light

The only social meadia I participate in in this forum.......I do not do Facebook, Twitter, instagram or any of the others.
But I can see that people are not going back to work....and those that can work from home are doing so......isn't that being processed, being compliant?
From Monday all those using hospitals and public transport will be wearing masks too.....isn't that compliant.
We have had ten and a bit weeks of being kept corralled in our homes...that was compliant too.
We are queueing outside shops waiting for the green light to come on.
We have stayed away from Doctors and dentists, even though in the long term this may be detrimental to our well being.
And now they tell us that if we had a common cold recently we could very well have immunity.
People may be railing against these restrictions(I know, I have. I have felt very resentful of having my spring stolen from me) and may have taken to social media to vent these feeling......it does not mean that they have not complied or been processed.
As for asking the questions...it does not matter one jot if you ask questions....if no one is answering then you get nowhere.
Old 16-06-2020, 09:18   #545

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1241036]

But not with me Marge, last week we had a visit from a Fire Brigade Officer, it seems that one of our "friendly" neighbourhood Busybodies, (I have an idea who)
has complained to our local authority about smoke coming from our chimney; I showed the guy that we only burn smokeless fuel but that we are allowed to use paper and wood to light it. (one up to Taddy).
The following day our eldest daughter rang to say that after visiting us and keeping to the lockdown rules a police car had been lying in wait as she left; he pulled her up because of a complaint probably from the same "neighbourhood busybody", that she had been breaking the lockdown rules. she was not fined but it did shake her up a bit.

In response I have printed out the following and intend to put it up in a prominent position out side the house which is on the main road though the village.

Quote, "To whom it may concern, On certain mornings if the weather gets cooler I may need to light my fire,this will result in the emission of smoke "there is no smoke without fire", as the saying goes.

Please feel free to contact the local authorities,(AGAIN),if you feel that the above action is against the law.

Also my relative(s) will be visiting and keeping to the two metre outdoor ruling during lockdown,please feel free to contact the local Constabulary, (AGAIN), if you cannot find something more important to complain about.
THANK YOU KINDLY.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2020, 11:42   #546
Beacon of light

I cannot believe that people have so little to do that they can meddle in the lives of others.
That there are people in the community that feel snooping and reporting such incidents is their 'civil duty'.
But then, I have been critical of many of the actions that we were told that we had to do.
I read in one of the online newspapers that children do not need to be 2metres apart if they go back to school...that this was only advisory.
If that is the case then someone needs to tell the councils....I have acfriend who,is a teacher and they have done as much as possible to ensure the children of key workers know about social distancing and maintain it.

I sometimes wonder who gave the keys of the asylum to the lunatics.....or is that term banned too?
Old 16-06-2020, 12:27   #547
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I sometimes wonder who gave the keys of the asylum to the lunatics.....or is that term banned too?
It may not be banned but, I'm sure it is a reportable offence, expect a knock sometime in the early morning.

Now, which button do I press to post this anonymously?
taddy likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2020, 13:35   #548
Beacon of light

PM me when you find it Less
Old 17-06-2020, 07:19   #549
God Member

a dog is still a dog no matter what anyone wishes to call it.
Old 17-06-2020, 21:37   #550

Where are we this ? Oh yes....
Germany - lockdown, low(ish) death rate
Sweden - No lockdown, high death rate
UK - Lockdown AND High Death Rate,
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2020, 07:36   #551
Beacon of light

That is......if you believe the statistics being bandied about.
No one really knows who is telling the truth.
Old 18-06-2020, 08:15   #552
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
That is......if you believe the statistics being bandied about.
No one really knows who is telling the truth.
not to worry though. the law of averages say that eventually the statistics will be moved about to suit some of us in the end. trust no one only yourself.
taddy likes this.
Old 19-06-2020, 09:34   #553
God Member

Possibly futile gesture, but I felt better signing this...

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/315979
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2020, 10:40   #554
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

signed, would like to contribute to the economy once more even if it's only buying a pint.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2020, 11:42   #555
Beacon of light

I have signed it too.
I would also like to contribute to the recovery of the economy too.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..