Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2023, 21:07   #16

Re: Artificial Intelligence

AI would not be able to do my job, I actually build things.

I cannot work from home either.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-12-2023, 19:30   #17
Senior Member+

The script idea for the film "A.I." was started by Stanley Kubrick but never completed and then taken on by Spielberg. It looks at the issue of what kind of rights would A.I. humanoids have?

In today's Daily Mail there is an article that warns about putting too much personal information into Chat GPT, because it will be stored and used to train future versions. Chat GPT tells you what it wants you to hear, to extract information!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2024, 00:22   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
The script idea for the film "A.I." was started by Stanley Kubrick but never completed and then taken on by Spielberg. It looks at the issue of what kind of rights would A.I. humanoids have?

In today's Daily Mail there is an article that warns about putting too much personal information into Chat GPT, because it will be stored and used to train future versions. Chat GPT tells you what it wants you to hear, to extract information!
Chat GPT tells you what it wants you to hear, to extract information!

Loooool

Such BS.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Old 20-01-2024, 01:07   #19
Senior Member+

Well I think a lot of the worries are seeds planted in minds through work of fiction and articles of misinformation that would lead to a completely incorrect statement like that I quoted from kestrel x above.

Then you will always have your conspiracy nutjobs too.

I don't see Ai taking many jobs any time soon. I can see Ai being used to perform tasks but they will still need human guidance just like any program or machine.

But it's the same old story that has gone on for years and years. Machines took our jobs at the factory etc. These are things that actually happened to a degree. So it is a legitimate worry I guess.

The problem is scammers. It's not so much ai as it is voice moddeling and also video generating stuff where scammers are already using people like Elon musk to scam people

Anyway

I have been using some AI stuff lately.

Midjouney for art creation.voice modeling and chat gpt for making some writing that I am doing grammatically correct (and some embellishing)

I play an online game DayZ that has a community and I wrote some short stories based off my friends in the game and turned them into an audioboom type presentation.

Chat GPT is pretty much like my editor lol
I used some text to speech stuff alongside some voice modelling AI stuff - thumbnail is generated by midjouney

Here is one of them about a polish friend of mine that was in hospital with a broken back operation that went wrong and I wrote it to cheer him up when he finally was able to get home

Last edited by Restless; 20-01-2024 at 01:10.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2024, 19:16   #20
Beacon of light

So AI has to be programmed by humans. Question would be ‘ do you trust the motives of those who are doing the programming?

And doesn’t A I have the capability to learn.
Not to ‘think’ exactly, but how long before it can do that too.
Fortunately I am in the position of being at the bum end of my life so maybe I do not have to worry overmuch about it.

What I DO know, is that if it can be misused to scam people…take money from them, then there are those out there who have neither ethics or morals and will use it for that.
My
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2024, 20:57   #21

$300m raise for Quantinuum at $5bn pre-money valuation creates super-unicorn for Cambridge

<quantinuum_ceo_ilyas_khan.jpg>

Quantinuum Computing and Artificial Intelligence might be something Ilyas Khan might be able to help , please see latest news on quantum computing one of Ilyas's companies

From modest Cambridge roots – having started life in a tiny room in the Cambridge Union Building on Bridge Street – quantum computing pioneer Quantinuum has grown into a unicorn many times over following a $300 million raise which values the business at $5 billion pre-money.

The raise was revealed by Quantinuum major shareholder – US and global giant Honeywell – which has invested as co-anchor alongside JPMorgan Chase, Mitsui & Co., Ltd and Amgen.

Quantinuum is a result of the November 2021 combination of two global leaders in quantum computing – Honeywell Quantum Solutions and Cambridge Quantum, which was this medium’s Business of the Year in 2021.

As part of this fund raise – believed to be a pre-IPO round ahead of a stockmarket float – Honeywell and other existing backers of Cambridge Quantum, who previously invested around $325m in Quantinuum, have exchanged their convertible instruments for the same class of preferred stock raised in this fresh round.

This brings the total capital raised by Quantinuum since the merger to approximately $625m, although the total capital deployed into Quantinuum – including funds invested by Honeywell into Honeywell Quantum Solutions and the investment by investors including JSR Corp into Cambridge Quantum – is closer to $1.3bn according to company sources.
shahed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2024, 09:29   #22
God Member

So, Shahed, I guess it’s just about money after all?
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2024, 09:53   #23
Beacon of light

Shahed’s post does not console me or make me feel less worried in any way.

In fact, if anything it makes me feel more concerned, because when something is done purely for the financial rewards there is the possibility that those financial rewards will be the motivating factor, rather than what is best for humanity.
Old 21-01-2024, 10:21   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Chat GPT tells you what it wants you to hear, to extract information!

Loooool

Such BS.

Not according to the Daily Mail. There are some people who even have A.I. girlfriends lol One guy on a murder charge even claimed his A.I. girlfriend encouraged him to do it!

Last edited by kestrelx; 21-01-2024 at 10:25.
Old 21-01-2024, 10:57   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Not according to the Daily Mail. There are some people who even have A.I. girlfriends lol One guy on a murder charge even claimed his A.I. girlfriend encouraged him to do it!
I don't read that trash

Old 21-01-2024, 12:16   #26
Beacon of light

There is a reason why some men might want an AI girl friend….it is because they do not have the social skills to get a real girl friend.
As for doing a murder ant saying your AI girlfriend told you to do it….well that is ludicrous.
I am sure that it would not stand up in court.
Restless likes this.
Old 21-01-2024, 13:30   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
So AI has to be programmed by humans. Question would be ‘ do you trust the motives of those who are doing the programming?

Given that over the years I have come across several people who claim computer skils but who would fail the 'Turing Test' if it were applied to them the answer must be 'user beware' in exactly the same way as for years its been 'buyer beware'.

There is an entertaining and salutary story from the very begings of 'AI Vision'. In brief an AI system connected to a camera was being trained to spot movement in some dense foliage (for use in a security system). The system was tested and demonstrated to the customer and pronouced satisfactory. When installed at the customers location it was a total failure and it took a long time before somebody noticed that at the test site there were rabbits in the grass between the camera and target foliage. The customers site had no rabbits. In fact what it had been trained to do was to spot the rabbits taking cover because they had been alarmed by movements within the foliage.
Margaret Pilkington and taddy like this.
Hill Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2024, 13:06   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
There is a reason why some men might want an AI girl friend….it is because they do not have the social skills to get a real girl friend.
As for doing a murder ant saying your AI girlfriend told you to do it….well that is ludicrous.
I am sure that it would not stand up in court.
I checked this further and it was actually the person who set out to attack the Queen! Obviously anyone who has a relationship with a AI chatbot must be desperate.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...een-court-told

Last edited by kestrelx; 29-01-2024 at 13:08.
Old 29-01-2024, 15:36   #29

[QUOTE=kestrelx;1276642]I checked this further and it was actually the person who set out to attack the Queen! Obviously anyone who has a relationship with a AI chatbot must be desperate.

Maybe he is a pubescent young lad with the name of Master Bates, who is still only managing to work "a week in hand" ? I hope this comment does not get me banned
Restless likes this.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2024, 15:37   #30
Senior Member+

I decided to get chat gpt to interpret one of my songs "the road"

The lyrics you provided seem to express a journey of struggle with addiction, recovery, and the desire to protect someone else from going down the same destructive path. Here's an interpretation based on the themes presented:

The speaker reflects on their own experiences of being trapped in addiction ("I've been down that road way too many times, I've been on that road for way too long"). They acknowledge that for some people, there seems to be no way out ("For some there is no escape"). The speaker then expresses concern for someone they care about, perhaps a younger person ("And now I am afraid for you little one").

The allure of addiction is described as deceptive ("They say that road is oh so attractive, It's all fluorescent lights"). The speaker warns that appearances can be deceiving, as addiction can lead to a destructive cycle of dependency ("They lie to your eyes, You'll learn to love the need, For the drink and the drugs, To light your way through the nights").

Having gone through recovery ("Now that I'm clean"), the speaker acknowledges that outwardly, they may appear to have overcome their addiction ("From what can be seen"). However, they also recognize that there are internal scars and struggles that remain ("But honey you should see, The dirt on the inside"). Despite this, the speaker wants to offer hope and reassurance to the person they care about ("If I could wipe the slate clean, I could show you, You no longer have to be afraid, Of living alone").

Overall, these lyrics convey the challenges of addiction, the deceptive nature of its allure, the difficulties of recovery, and the desire to protect others from experiencing similar hardships.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..