Old 06-12-2004, 07:20   #10
WillowTheWhisp
Resident Waffler

Re: Donations

Harry Webb
water
REM

(but it's not a fix honest!)

I'm a mine of useless information. This Saturday I won a fun trivia quiz but the prize was a box (circular packet - can I call that a box?) of sweets which hasn't done much for all my good intentions about not eating too much junk.

BTW - Busman and I have been referring to the AccyWeb virtual money as "Ackers" in case you wonder what he's talking about there.

I like the idea of having a quiz on here but to organise it properly can be a real headache. I did one once on another board - all answers had to be submitted by PM so that other people did not see them. One submission per member and to be in by a certain date. Then all answers had to be marked and if more than one person got them all correct then there had to be a tie breaker. It was hard work organising it but a lot of fun too.

Before AccyWeb my main online interests were quizzes. I used to do a lot of the live ones on AOL but far too many people only want modern music these days and it gets a bit boring.

Having local meetings which you pay to go to has two disadvantages - one being the fact that people who don't live locally couldn't get to them (also people who are working funny hours can't go) and to have to pay to go to an AccyWeb meeting just seems a bit odd when they have previously been free and would it maybe even put some new people off coming?

You could incorporate the fund raising quiz idea into an AccyWeb night though by having the meeting free but people pay to enter the quiz.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote