View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 19:42   #44
AccyJay
Senior Member+

Re: Time to Go Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Kelly View Post
I have now campaigned for this for 2 years across Lancashire to introduce a glass ban on the night time economy for venues trading past 23.00pm.
Why 11pm? The last 4 glassing incidents in Hyndburn happened at around 8.30pm.

Quote:
I introduced Plastic Glasses and Plastic Bottles and where not available we either de canter the bottle or offer and Alu Can
Is a can not as dangerous as a bottle? Or at least could be used as very deadly weapon.

Quote:
One of the main arguments for landlords is cost and availability of PET bottles rather than glass as PET are around £5.00 dearer per case, however their are 3 ways of dealing with this, Stay with the glass version and de canter, Divide the extra by the case and add on to the retail price or Find a Alu can alternative
The "plastic" bottles & glasses would add around £3500 per year to myself. You say to pass the additional cost on to the customers. I'm sure that they would all welcome that kind of increase, especially in these hard times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
I experienced my first plastic 'glass' last night, in the Nags Head, the 'glasses' weren't what i expected and where quite nice actually

so yeah, for safetys sake bring then into every pub
The main reason that the Nags Head has moved to these items, is that, the last 4 glassing incidents in Hyndburn happened in their pub 3 weeks ago.

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote