View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 01:31   #1
Sunflower49

Mobile 'phone for the partially sighted?

Does anybody have any experience or knowledge related to this please?

My Grandmother has recently gone blind in one eye, due to medical mis-diagnosis , same resulting in lack of correct treatment for the condition she actually had.

The eye she's gone blind in WAS her 'good' eye , the other one wasn't functioning well at all anyway so she can hardly see now. The eye that functions a little now, had a cataract some years back that , when removing, the Doctor made a mistake and cut something they shouldn't have, hence her poor sight in that eye.

She hasn't had much luck at all.

I want to get her a mobile 'phone with clear, large buttons and a large screen, preferably one that's simple to use and has emergency dial feature.

I don't ask for much I know. She can't see her old one now, but she can see to use her house phone (which was a large buttoned model anyway) if she holds it up to her lamp.

I've been recommended a 'Doro', a 'Big Friendly Phone' and a 'TT002 Elderly' up to now- the trouble is, they all have pretty bad reviews online-the Doro not so much as the other ones but I think that one looks a bit small compared to the others.

Thank you in advance, I appreciate any help at all.