Thread: War Records
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 19:20   #15
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: War Records

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat View Post
My wife is reading a book which you have referred to before - Old Homesteads by Richard Ainsworth. The farm above appears as Leyfield Farm on page 85 of that book.

After a bit more delving, the picture is of Leafield Barn Farm which is referred to in this thread. The whole building has been renovated and it is possible the new owners have changed the name.
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...e-58975-2.html

We are planning to have a walk around that area but are doing as much groundwork as possible before we do - It would also be better if it was a bit warmer too
I'd forgotten about that thread, to get to Wrights old farm ie Leafield, you'l have to come into Sandy lane from the top unless you have a Land Rover, by the way take all that guff in that old homesteads with a pinch of salt, no one has ever found any documentation to back up his fancy tales, and I've spent the most part of my adult life with the history of Acc, just remember he works as a reporter for the local toilet paper, why like the truth stand in the way of a good story, its even more fanciful when he gets to the Alma Inn can't even decide where it is and buildings that never existed knocked down.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote