View Single Post
Old 20-02-2005, 21:24   #1
Doug
Member.

Ok then, Who Nicked It…….

I had a drive over to Accy today, after my normal run through the centre I nipped up Fern Gore to take a look at Nelsons Farm (Rothwells Farm), having driven down Miller Fold Avenue and not noticing it missing.

On the way back I stopped the car opposite where I lived to have a look over towards the coppice for memories sake, (its changed) don’t get me wrong I love trees but I think HBC have gone a bit mad the place is plastered with them, to us the coppice was always naked, her scare displayed like a beacon to the lost, and she should have stayed that way.

However, I digress. Having looked at the coppice for a minute or two I tuned around to see that the play park had gone from the end of Miller Fold Ave. Why has this being grubbed out and is it going to be replaced? Although it was never there when we where kids I thought it was a nice touch. I’ve said on a number of occasions that there where garages at a lower level when I lived up there.

Something I didn’t know until tonight which some may find interesting is that where the mound of the play area now occupies use to be a Farm. Take a look at the aerial Photographs from the 1940s and Miller Fold is just a street layout with the farm at the end and it was a big bu**er an all. Anybody got any ideas has to what it was called or its history? I’d love to know……….

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Last edited by Doug; 20-02-2005 at 21:25.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web