Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2005, 21:24   #1
Member.

Ok then, Who Nicked It…….

I had a drive over to Accy today, after my normal run through the centre I nipped up Fern Gore to take a look at Nelsons Farm (Rothwells Farm), having driven down Miller Fold Avenue and not noticing it missing.

On the way back I stopped the car opposite where I lived to have a look over towards the coppice for memories sake, (its changed) don’t get me wrong I love trees but I think HBC have gone a bit mad the place is plastered with them, to us the coppice was always naked, her scare displayed like a beacon to the lost, and she should have stayed that way.

However, I digress. Having looked at the coppice for a minute or two I tuned around to see that the play park had gone from the end of Miller Fold Ave. Why has this being grubbed out and is it going to be replaced? Although it was never there when we where kids I thought it was a nice touch. I’ve said on a number of occasions that there where garages at a lower level when I lived up there.

Something I didn’t know until tonight which some may find interesting is that where the mound of the play area now occupies use to be a Farm. Take a look at the aerial Photographs from the 1940s and Miller Fold is just a street layout with the farm at the end and it was a big bu**er an all. Anybody got any ideas has to what it was called or its history? I’d love to know……….

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Last edited by Doug; 20-02-2005 at 21:25.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-02-2005, 21:33   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: Ok then, Who Nicked It…….

I noticed there were workmen there levelling the area one day not long ago when we were going to the allotment.

I agree Doug it was an assett there and quite a good little park with some good equipment.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2005, 00:32   #3
I am Banned

i would just that to sate for the record that i didnt see it , i didnt want it and most definatly didnt steal it

chav by name not by nature
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2005, 09:37   #4
God Member

I t was taken down about 3 weeks ago, before that the gate was chained up so no-one could go on the park for month's. Not sure why they took it down though, maybe it was unsafe.
Does'nt stop the fact that me and tinks have no where to go and play at night in summer now though.........tight gits

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..