View Single Post
Old 23-09-2016, 06:45   #1
Lord Didsbury

Colchester and the ghosts of Layer Road

Ah, Colchester United.
As a former Leeds fan the name is etched vividly in my memory. The 3-2 defeat of Leeds in the 1971 FA Cup was more or less regarded as the biggest ever giant killing act at the time. (Although I'm sure someone will be quick to remind me how the mighty Preston were humbled by Ramsbottom Factory Workers FC in 1927.)

the Layer Road ground is no more so hopefully the ghosts of Dave Simmons and Dick Graham will sleep easy under the recently built flats and shops as another giant of Northern football comes to town.

Am I right in assuming this will be Accy's first trip to Colchester? A hell of a distance for anyone who already went to West Ham on weds. Reckon the team will not have much vocal support.

Can't see there being much bother for us in this one if our defence is all fit and minds of the players are back on the pursuit of promotion. Colchester may have made a half decent start but it will take a very good team to deal with our glorious Renaissance right now. I'm not going, but I can hardly wait for 3pm tomorrow.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web