View Single Post
Old 10-08-2005, 12:46   #2
mellowyellow
Junior Member+

Re: non-contract terms????

I thought you were a journalist?

Non contract terms are often employed by managers if they remain unsure whether they will be able to continue to finance a longer period of employment for a player, or more commonly if they are still unsure that the player they've got is the best option available to them in the future.

It may be that Coleman is unable to guarantee them anything more at present. All managers have to operate within a budget, and I'd imagine that Accy's will leave little margin for getting it wrong.

If beter players became available he would probably need to release players to finance new signings. There is an added flexibility to this type of arrangement for managers.

As for players, they have to accept what is on offer or go elsewhere. They are welcome to try their luck at any prospective employer they may wish. If I was unhappy with the terms offered by my employer, I might look for another job, but I have no right to expect I'll get everything I ask for.

Football is a business. If you give all players good terms you go bankrupt.

Of course the disadvantage is that any non contract player can be approached by a rival club if they put in the obligatory seven days notice.
mellowyellow is offline   Reply With Quote