Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2005, 10:01   #1

non-contract terms????

Serious Question,

Why are the perspective new players only being offered non-contract terms? What exactly does this entail?

Surely, with the advent of the transfer window and with three days to go to the start, Stanley should be offering proper contracts to players who obviously have something to offer ie Richardson/Jack/Mangan

If I was Leam Richardson and I had played in the league, I would not sign non-contract terms. Its ok if your a youngster looking for your first start in football ie Crissy Butler, but for people like Richardson, don't you think it's a bit of insult if he has been offered only non-contract terms?

I may be wrong I know about all this, but I am absolutely sure that the having just 2 strikers at the club a big no no and the squad isn't big enough.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:46   #2
Junior Member+

Re: non-contract terms????

I thought you were a journalist?

Non contract terms are often employed by managers if they remain unsure whether they will be able to continue to finance a longer period of employment for a player, or more commonly if they are still unsure that the player they've got is the best option available to them in the future.

It may be that Coleman is unable to guarantee them anything more at present. All managers have to operate within a budget, and I'd imagine that Accy's will leave little margin for getting it wrong.

If beter players became available he would probably need to release players to finance new signings. There is an added flexibility to this type of arrangement for managers.

As for players, they have to accept what is on offer or go elsewhere. They are welcome to try their luck at any prospective employer they may wish. If I was unhappy with the terms offered by my employer, I might look for another job, but I have no right to expect I'll get everything I ask for.

Football is a business. If you give all players good terms you go bankrupt.

Of course the disadvantage is that any non contract player can be approached by a rival club if they put in the obligatory seven days notice.
mellowyellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 12:54   #3
God Member

Quote:
I thought you were a journalist?

so did he ... hahahahahahaha

sorry couldnt resist
Old 13-08-2005, 09:07   #4
Junior Member+

He's not only a journalist .....

he is writing a book on Steven Gerrard you know its a (surprise surprise) unofficial biography

It goes

Chapter 1

Steven Gerrard is a good footballer.......

its going well Adam?????
Willie Miller 05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..