View Single Post
Old 06-09-2005, 18:29   #1
accymel
I am Banned

Question Gramactical English

Opologies for using shorthand text, i did not realise that it was not allowed in this forum as its quite acceptable on other forums i have membership with [as it saves time], although i'm now aware, it will not be a problem in the future just have to made sure i check before i send

There is a major point i wish to express is that is it expected to have Queen's English and gramactics one comment could be mis-construded:

Quote:
I find it very difficut to read some posts these days which are full of textspeak and grammatical errors
Textspeak - fair enough no arguement there

Grammar & spelling are another thing though, not all of us are strong with english literacy and also consider dyslexia which is a common problem and something being of discussion on tv and the papers. Even a personal computer is not always correct on grammar and spelling certain words either. I think it could be unfair on those who find literacy hard and could lack their confidence if expected to spell or 'fill out words' that can be quite acceptable english to be shortened, for example = e.g or tho instead of though, accy instead of Accrington & ossie instead of Oswaldtwistle which can be quite tricky. Plus i dont think people want to be pointed out for spelling or gramactical errors as long as that person is understood that is the main thing and we all made hiccups/errors/mistakes sometimes even me.

My point is what is acceptable to be shortened to the point of not being classed as text?? no im not justifying my own posting of text just claryfying point of confusion and worry that other posters could have over this matter.

Not all of us has had a masterclass by Paul Burrel.
Accrington Web