View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 20:12   #1
Doug
Member.

Like a bad night in Baghdad

I don’t know what it like over there but here it’s like a bad night in Baghdad, The smoke is thick and acrid, the night sky is full of explosions flashing wildly and the dog’s peed again in the kitchen. One wonders what it’s all about, I being an established miserable and ant social sod I am sat at home looking after my terrified dog whist everyone else is enjoying good food and drink along with all the multicoloured whiz bangs. I’m shocked by the sounds that I am hearing they seem so much louder that they use to in fact to much like the real thing.

This bring my thoughts to those people sat at home worrying, hiding, shaking violently in fear of the sounds and smells that will no doubt be seeping into there homes. These people fought wars, lost limbs, there minds, friends and much of their ability to stand the memories of battles fought, won and lost. It will take them back to the horrors they faced on the field of battle during two world wars. Other’s throughout the following decades and on the streets of Ireland and the last wars of the 80s and 90s. Then there’s the old folk who may realise what happing and why, but still feel frightened and alone, trapped even more within there own homes at risk of persecution at the hands of senseless children and thugs. Then there are our pets, the birds in the trees, the beast of the field, barn and stable.

We will wake to stories of grim deaths, burnings and other such injuries. We will hear of the cost of policing the streets, the cost ambulance and fire crews not to mention Nurses, doctors, technicians, care workers from every walk of life working overtime. What of the after effects and risks to those in the days following due to the acrid smoke and toxins in the air, our water supplies and food stocks both growing in the fields and on the hoof. Is it worth it?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web