View Single Post
Old 18-02-2006, 15:54   #1
Busman747
Always EVIL within us

Performing Right Society and Peer to Peer

What do you think of peer to peer programs that allow you to download music, videos and programs for free?

The music industry claim that they are losing millions in revenue as a result but I disagree. I feel that it is wrong that they pay vast amounts to superstars in advance of albums even being penned, They force-feed what THEY consider we should buy, and as soon as it stops selling, it is discarded with no chance for the public to order back copies.

The national press are dishing C.D's and D.V.D's out like sweeties to anyone that buys their paper, Are the recording artists being paid the normal percentage for these albums?

The Performing Right Society which is responsible for collecting artists fees are presently writing to motor traders to inform them that should the radio be on in a garage when a customer enters the premises, they will be deemed to be illegally broadcasting music - and should buy an £85-00 license or be taken to court! How petty.

I use limewire, I use it to catch up on hits that I didn't buy as a teenager, I have also come across several artists I like particularly from Canada that have never released any music in the U.K. I wouldn't rush out to buy songs from the 60's and 70's but enjoy listening to them while on the P.C. Does that make me a criminal?