View Single Post
Old 02-07-2006, 23:10   #1
Busman747
Always EVIL within us

Thumbs down I Don't Like Complaining.

Thank you chav for your thread on Tesco Insurance, I would like to follow up with MY story of Tesco's incompetence!

As most of you know (or can guess) I am a coach driver and can be sent anywhere in the country at a moments notice. Many times, I could find myself in the middle of nowhere with a wait of several hours so I try to ensure that I always have a drink or two in my briefcase. (non alcoholic )

It was early May and I had three cans of Tesco own brand colas in my briefcase but - for a change, all was quiet and I had only local jobs to do so my briefcase remained in the boot of my car.

The next morning, I opened my case and found that one can had exploded distributing the contents over £90-00 worth of maps and paperwork. The other two cans had raised lids and were on the verge of exploding!

I took the cans to the Tesco store and "talked" to the Duty Manager, In fact, the conversation lasted less than 30 seconds before he pointed out that "of course they would explode in the heat of a car boot," I grabbed the offending cans, informed him that it was early May, NOT midsummer, It was warm, not hot, I have to replace £90-00 of maps and that these cans posed a danger to drivers and children in cars - and stormed out of the store!!!! WRONG!

I wrote to "Tesco Customer Care" (sending photos as I was not willing to incur extra costs of sending cans of cola through the post) and received a curt letter telling me to return the cans to my local store but that would mean dealing again with this moron, What should I do??

I am a bit of a "softy" when it comes to complaining, I am sure that companies like Tesco are inundated with fraudulant complaints on a daily basis but in this instance, it has cost me around £90-00 to replace maps soaked in cola plus my briefcase that remains servicable albeit stained!

Am I right to expect fizzy drinks NOT to explode in the boot of a car during the first week of May? or am I being naive?