Thread: Parlour Games
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 15:10   #15
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Parlour Games

Computers are great but so were the evenings by the fire playing cards or Monopoly or simple Snakes and Ladders. What about the Beetle Game? All you needed was a die (dice is plural of die) a pen or pencil and a piece of paper for each player.

I taught three fellow workers at Dynamo to play Canasta and we played during the 40 minutes dinner break.

Several years ago, in an attempt to preserve some of the lesser know card games, I wrote a book entitled “Playing Cards And Games For Fun. A Lost Art?” Not for publication (not that anyone would want to publish it) but to post on my web site. Although I did print out and bind into a paperback, a handful of copies.

If the energy crisis becomes a reality how many people would know what to do to while away their hours before bedtime?

Spinning the bottle or Truth, Dare or Force were reserved for playing outside by us kids away from parents prying eyes.