View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 12:33   #1
accymel
I am Banned

Question Central Heating without immersion?

Just got my letter from Hyndburn Homes to confirm that heating installers will be doing the work commencing wed/thurs & fri [early mornings urrgghh]. Rang to confirm & was reminded about switching off storage heaters 24hrs before they come to take them out, i asked would that apply to the immersion tank to be told no [ok so will have hot water goody & they wont be taking the tank out till bathrooms get done] but... why put a combi boiler in just to run the heating & not the hot water ????

...or am i missing something as i gather with them not requiring the immersion be turned off im presumably still stuck with the expensive hot water tank system on econ 7 - so them putting the heating in wont make diddly poop difference to my eleccy useage anyway other than wont need to run the storage heaters ...or will they automatically sort the water to be heated up via combi but then will tell me i dont need to run the old hot water tank but then the tank will be full of water anyway & they aint taking it out

Has someone an idea to releive the confusion...... Accyalec can u ask yer mum for me
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web