Thread: Rob Elliot
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 18:08   #1
maccawozzagod
God Member

Rob Elliot

read this earlier in this weeks Observer and thought it postable for our ex-pats. Full page article on Elliot and it ends with .....

'and he has a special word for the Stanley faithful

"the fans have been brilliant. They really took to me - I dont know why - and I have never experienced anything like it. Even when I made the mistake against Notts County, they didn't get on my back. They could have been annoyed - I was so annoyed at myself - but they kept encouraging me and no one said anything. I felt at my lowest then but they kept supporting me and I really appreciated that. I have been on the message board and seen all the messages wishing me luck. I would like to thank them and I will always have a special place for Accrington Stanley"

thanks Rob. The reason why nobody would get on your back is a) you contributed as much as anybody else, if not more, to last season title win as proved by your Player of the Year Award (oh yeah, can we have that back soon as its nearly time to try to find this years recipient) and b) you are one of lifes gentlemen, always had a smile on your face and always had a word for the fans.

Some players have to be told to applaud the fans, some players play for the money only, some players are rarely fit to wear the shirt, some players only play for the cameras or the scouts, some players shrug their shoulders and dont care if they concede a goal. Rob fits into none of these categories and as such will live long in the memories of many of the fans, and we see his name up in lights in years to come we can say that we only muttered under our breaths when he spilled the ball to old pineapple 'ead. Take it easy Rob and dislodge Darren from the bench at Charlton, maybe Alan Pardon will send him to us then!