Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2007, 18:08   #1
God Member

Rob Elliot

read this earlier in this weeks Observer and thought it postable for our ex-pats. Full page article on Elliot and it ends with .....

'and he has a special word for the Stanley faithful

"the fans have been brilliant. They really took to me - I dont know why - and I have never experienced anything like it. Even when I made the mistake against Notts County, they didn't get on my back. They could have been annoyed - I was so annoyed at myself - but they kept encouraging me and no one said anything. I felt at my lowest then but they kept supporting me and I really appreciated that. I have been on the message board and seen all the messages wishing me luck. I would like to thank them and I will always have a special place for Accrington Stanley"

thanks Rob. The reason why nobody would get on your back is a) you contributed as much as anybody else, if not more, to last season title win as proved by your Player of the Year Award (oh yeah, can we have that back soon as its nearly time to try to find this years recipient) and b) you are one of lifes gentlemen, always had a smile on your face and always had a word for the fans.

Some players have to be told to applaud the fans, some players play for the money only, some players are rarely fit to wear the shirt, some players only play for the cameras or the scouts, some players shrug their shoulders and dont care if they concede a goal. Rob fits into none of these categories and as such will live long in the memories of many of the fans, and we see his name up in lights in years to come we can say that we only muttered under our breaths when he spilled the ball to old pineapple 'ead. Take it easy Rob and dislodge Darren from the bench at Charlton, maybe Alan Pardon will send him to us then!
Old 01-02-2007, 18:31   #2
God Member

Re: Rob Elliot

Hear hear.
Thanks Robbie, without you I have no doubt we would still be a non league club.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 19:55   #3

We (Burnley fans) had great banter with him during Paul Cook's game and I thanked him after the game for being such a great sport.
BurnleyNu3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:05   #4
Senior Member+

What can I say, I would echo all of your words Macca

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:27   #5
God Member

Yeah all the best rob, will definately miss that cheesy smile when stood behind the goal, worked better than the flood lights

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 19:49   #6

Elliot won many games last season for us. All the best to the penalty professor.
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..