Thread: blo---y kids
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 11:25   #6
katex
Resting in Peace

Re: blo---y kids

Know exactly the problem Moonshiner, 'cept this weekend has worked the opposite way for me.

I was forwarned that my son and two mates would be descending on me on Sat. night to meet up with an old school friend and some of her friends for night out in Burnley.

Be prepared I thought .. never enough food in the fridge for this lot. Well, wasn't cooking for them Sat. night, so sent out for Pizza .. at this point next door neighbour's daughter came to show me her lovely baby .. so never got chance to make any salad as Pizza man came during visit.

Course never got any sleep til 5 a.m. when they all eventually crashed out.

One decided to go home about 10.15 with no breakfast. Son and other friend, ok have bacon butties but son advises me that due to 'appointment' in the evening they would not be staying for tea !!

Now I am left with sausage rolls, salad, large leg of lamb plus all the veg. that goes with it, one packet of bacon cannot put back in the freezer, extra fruit, jaffa cakes, bread, eggs .. all things that I won't get through before they need chucking. Perhaps we should get together ... (Noticed they didn't forget to take back the 12 pack of Carling though )
katex is offline   Reply With Quote