View Single Post
Old 21-08-2003, 11:51   #3
Caz
God Member

Post Re: Springhill Information Pamphlet

You mean the pamphlet? that won't be ready for a while. Only a couple of us working on it at the mo, trying to find info to put in and getting permission to copy articles etc.  

The phoenix project doesn't actually come under Springhill, (past the bridge) so I don't really know anything much about it, apart from what's in that column, and that is what I've got from the newspapers.
Was hoping someone might be able to add to it.

It does affect us up here though. Especially for people like myself who have no other choice but to use that route when on foot. When the scheme actually comes to fruition, that along with the Barratt development on the Rists site should make the area a whole lot better. Plus hopefully, soon, We'll have a proper Community Centre in the old school, and better play facilities.
There are also Houses being built on the old lodge site at the corner of Blackburn Rd/Market St. and they are supposedly making improvements to Walmsley close, which will make one of my regular routes a whole lot better.

I actually lived in Springhill over 40 years ago. It was really nice round here then. Hopefully we can get it back on track. We need to get people more involved in what is going on though.

We don't have that same neighbourhood spirit that we had then, everyone wants to leave things to everyone else. And some people need totally re-educating over their anti social behaviour.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote