Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Springhill Spot
Donate! Join Today

Springhill Spot A forum running in conjunction with Springhill Spotlight. Give your opinions on what is happening in your area. Air your views and grievances. Put forward ideas on how we can improve Springhill

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-08-2003, 23:08   #1
Caz
God Member

Post Springhill Information Pamphlet

The Springhill Network group are in the process of putting together a pamphlet for the area, which will contain lots of useful information, telephone numbers, info on the Warden Scheme & Wheelie bins, etc, etc.

Other topics likely to be included are Fire safety & info on smoke alarms, & Homewise.

Anyone got any other ideas on anything useful to put in there?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-08-2003, 11:19   #2

Post Re: Springhill Information Pamphlet

Info on the pheonix project, like what grants are gonna be available and what everyone can claim for.  I'm looking to buy a house at the moment and spring hill could be on its way to a big improve.... Is this info already available anywhere cazzer?
ukbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2003, 11:51   #3
Caz
God Member

You mean the pamphlet? that won't be ready for a while. Only a couple of us working on it at the mo, trying to find info to put in and getting permission to copy articles etc.  

The phoenix project doesn't actually come under Springhill, (past the bridge) so I don't really know anything much about it, apart from what's in that column, and that is what I've got from the newspapers.
Was hoping someone might be able to add to it.

It does affect us up here though. Especially for people like myself who have no other choice but to use that route when on foot. When the scheme actually comes to fruition, that along with the Barratt development on the Rists site should make the area a whole lot better. Plus hopefully, soon, We'll have a proper Community Centre in the old school, and better play facilities.
There are also Houses being built on the old lodge site at the corner of Blackburn Rd/Market St. and they are supposedly making improvements to Walmsley close, which will make one of my regular routes a whole lot better.

I actually lived in Springhill over 40 years ago. It was really nice round here then. Hopefully we can get it back on track. We need to get people more involved in what is going on though.

We don't have that same neighbourhood spirit that we had then, everyone wants to leave things to everyone else. And some people need totally re-educating over their anti social behaviour.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 21-08-2003, 13:41   #4
Resting in Peace

That Homewise place is very good they have helped me a lot
They got a saftey light put in new locks front and back window locks
they even sorted my mobility out with the dss .
they got the landlord to get saftey checks done on the gas fires and heating.
and other stuff
i can recommend them if you are on income support and need help
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2003, 18:39   #5
Roy
Administrator

A definate thing that is needed on these info pamphlets - our website addresses.. Good publicity for our efforts for the community. What do you think cazzer?
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2003, 18:45   #6
Caz
God Member

Most definitely! Already booked my place 'cos it's Springhill related! Won't have a say about what finally goes out, but will certainly do my best to get Accy Forum in there!

;D ;D ;D

- Oscar Wilde

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..