Thread: Bank Charges
View Single Post
Old 26-06-2007, 15:58   #46
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Bank Charges

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
I think some of the perception around this is that the banks are effectively charging you for making a 'mistake'. IMHO you are as a responsible adult in charge of your own finances. You choose to use the services of a bank and accept that if you transgress certain parameters then you will be charged. The bank is not doing anything that it hasn't already told you it will. You just choose to ignore the fact and being perfectly honest it almost sounds like you don't want to take responsibility for your actions. i.e. your wife allowed herself to write a cheque knowing that there might be a chance that it would be presented to your bank before the funds were available. That was a gamble she took and lost. Would you complain to a bookie that you accidentally wrote the wrong horses name down?

As an owner of 3 companies how would you feel if you weren't allowed to make a profit on something that costs you money to provide? You wouldn't be in business for long.
I agree. The initial complaint didn't seem to be about the amount charged, just that there was a charge at all.

As you said earlier all charges, and changes in those charges, are sent out to all the bank's customers.

It isn't about moving the goal posts, more about paying attention, and observing prudence, and taking advantage of services that this particular bank offers, which if they had, would have resulted in no charges at all being levied...and I'm not a banker.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web