View Single Post
Old 19-08-2007, 23:12   #13
cmonstanley
God Member

Re: what we need is .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
the problem is that we have Mullin, Evil, Dsane, McGivern as four out and out strikers but we persevere with the same 'format' . For me, I think we should be swapping and changing the personnel according to who we are playing against. If we are playing against neanderthal defenders we need the battering rams, if we are playing against cleverer defenders we need cleverer forwards. I love Mullers and I think that Evil has his good points, but we have four strikers and we should use them, not just for substitutions but from the start. If an opposition manager knows we play Mullin EVERY game then he has got part of tactics sorted before he even gets to the ground. If they turn up and find Dsane and McGivern on the team sheet they then only have an hour or so to change their tactics accordingly.
thets true and dont know why we dont play mullin further forward where he should be if he is an out and out striker.its getting too predictable play some fancy midfield slick passing ,mistake down the left hand side they score ,start to panic bang ball up to mullers..lose ball 18 yards out the usual suspects daydreaming out of position running back and making last ditch tackles..