Thread: N.T.L Users
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2004, 20:06   #6
Len
God Member

Re: N.T.L Users

Yes I have. I think?

On Friday afternoon I made some changes to my website and uploaded them. When I visited the site to see if everything was ok, I found that the changes hadn’t taken place. Some times this is normal it can take quite a few minutes. I tried again later on that night to see my changes but still no joy.

Saturday I was at my girl friends so I had a quick look from there and yes the changes had take place every thing was ok.

Sunday at home I linked to my site and found that the changes hadn’t taken place? So I cleared my temporary files to see if that had something to do with it.
I tried again but still no changes, I rang my girl friend and asked her to visit my site and she did and said that the changes had taken place?
I don’t understand how two people using the same URL to a web page can see different things.

I sent NTL an e-mail on monday explained the problem but all I got back today (tuesday) was an automated acknowledgement and a list of useful links.

Anyhow today at lunch (tuesday) I linked to my site and found that it had updated.
Strange!

I think that NTL's help page is a nightmare you end up going round in circles. lol

Last edited by Len; 09-03-2004 at 20:17.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote