Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2004, 18:13   #1

N.T.L Users

Hi all...anyone having problems with N.T.L services at the moment?

Thanks B.
Old 08-03-2004, 18:26   #2
Roy
Administrator

Re: N.T.L Users

What kind of problems you having? According to stats at the mo there are 6 people currently on line here with NTL.... I'm interested anyway because I will be needing broadband soon!!
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 19:10   #3
God Member

You due home Roy?
Go for pipex, been on it 3 month now and best connection I have ever had, these include Aol, freeserve and Tiscali
K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 19:26   #4
Resting In Peace

With regard to Bluesmaster's enquiry, NTL is better now than it has ever been and they have just commenced an improvement program to carry on over the next few weeks to achieve an improvement to the Email service.
Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 22:01   #5
Resting in Peace

Been with NTL for 12monthes on Broadband not had one problem with them yet
i have found them very reliable
Bluesmaster no problems at all with internet or tv service or phone
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 20:06   #6
Len
God Member

Yes I have. I think?

On Friday afternoon I made some changes to my website and uploaded them. When I visited the site to see if everything was ok, I found that the changes hadn’t taken place. Some times this is normal it can take quite a few minutes. I tried again later on that night to see my changes but still no joy.

Saturday I was at my girl friends so I had a quick look from there and yes the changes had take place every thing was ok.

Sunday at home I linked to my site and found that the changes hadn’t taken place? So I cleared my temporary files to see if that had something to do with it.
I tried again but still no changes, I rang my girl friend and asked her to visit my site and she did and said that the changes had taken place?
I don’t understand how two people using the same URL to a web page can see different things.

I sent NTL an e-mail on monday explained the problem but all I got back today (tuesday) was an automated acknowledgement and a list of useful links.

Anyhow today at lunch (tuesday) I linked to my site and found that it had updated.
Strange!

I think that NTL's help page is a nightmare you end up going round in circles. lol

Last edited by Len; 09-03-2004 at 20:17.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..