View Single Post
Old 28-11-2007, 08:53   #3
nikkival

Re: Vista Network Problem

I'm using a BT Broadband connection with the HomeHub wired by Ethernet to my main PC which is running Windows Vista Home Premium. I've tried uninstalling the Homehub and re-installing but still get the same issue.
I can access the internet & my outlook, I'm on the internet now typing this message - so I'm still connected, the HomeHub lights are all on, although my network icon on the taskbar shows a red X as though I'm not connected. When I hover over the network icon the message says 'connection unknown - server execution failed'. The Network & Sharing Centre can't be accessed through the Control Panel - it stops responding.
My son has a PC upstairs running Vista Home Premium 64bit, he connects wirelessly through a NetGear USB adapter - no error message, his connection & the XBOX 360 & Wii (both connect wirelessly) have no issues. Although he can't access the shared folders since this error message appeared on my PC.
All our media files are on an external drive connected to my PC and sharing is enabled. Other files are on my desktop and in My Documents and are in a shared folder.