View Single Post
Old 13-02-2008, 00:16   #37
Smiffy16
Senior Member+

Re: Have we any coveage........

Play a defensive midfielder?

I'm sure Proccy and Jay Harris are both defensive minded midfielders! The midfielder we need is someone who can create things, someone to put their foot on the ball and pick a pass, keep the ball and create chances. That player should be Craney playing in central midfield and not as a striker.

To be honest I thought we were awful tonight. The ref and linesmen to be fair didnt do much wrong, we created chances but we could not finish them for love nor money. The football was poor, it was all up in the air like ping pong, hoof forward and then hoof straight back to our defenders. Effort? Majority were coasting along tonight, thought we were plain, boring, easy to defend against and frustrating.

Teams are coming to the FES and its just too easy to play against us and pick up points. Craney playing up top IMO isnt working, and were basically playing 4-5-1 at home which isn't good. This system works away and as we know from playing it away from home it picks up the points and is the right system to use, but not at home. I know we've no fit strikers bar Mullers but surely someone has to be brought in before Saturday, we need some pace and someone to frighten defenders as we are so predictable when going forward. I've just seen the goals on SkySportsNews and really I dont think I need to comment on the way we defended when the goals were scored, mis-kicks, players not marking etc etc......

We've got to be careful that we dont get sucked into this dogfight at the bottom because we are dropping down in there. We need something on Saturday which is a big ask and the next few games arent easy. Tonight was winnable, but yet again a home game goes by and another defeat. We seem to have run out of ideas both attacking and defensive, we cant break teams down at home, but they can break us down with ease....
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote