Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2008, 21:54   #31

Re: Have we any coveage........

Overall i dont think we were to bad tonight we played some good football but just did not get the rub of the green as they say,I think if one of the many chances in the first 45 had gone in we would have had a bucket full.Toddy was back to his best down the cow shed side in the first half and in general when we ran at them they looked dodgy to be honest we made a poor team look good. they only really had three attacks and scored on each occasion but sometimes thats how it goes,IMHO it didnt help that the ref and the liner on the cowshed side were diabolical i would,nt let the be in charge of a sunday league game an absolute disgrace we didnt get a sniff from them all night.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-02-2008, 22:25   #32

Well Said SC
Toddy was immense
We were mugged by a shower of ****e.
We needed Mannix and Webb on B4 the 2nd & 3rd Tho
Many players were shagged after the great effort they had put in.
Cowshed liner was just as much of a T**T as the ref.
3rd goal felt like a kick in the balls but you miserable whinging wankers should NEVER walk out befroe the end.

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 22:44   #33
God Member

i agree with the liner and ref had a stinker we did play some good football but ive just watched the goals on granada soccer night and i knew it wasnt my imagination evey goal was scored by a spare player running through the channels we need to plug the defence with a defensive midfielder covering the oppositions spareman running through the channels...
Old 12-02-2008, 22:48   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley convert View Post
Overall i dont think we were to bad tonight we played some good football but just did not get the rub of the green as they say,I think if one of the many chances in the first 45 had gone in we would have had a bucket full.Toddy was back to his best down the cow shed side in the first half and in general when we ran at them they looked dodgy to be honest we made a poor team look good. they only really had three attacks and scored on each occasion but sometimes thats how it goes,IMHO it didnt help that the ref and the liner on the cowshed side were diabolical i would,nt let the be in charge of a sunday league game an absolute disgrace we didnt get a sniff from them all night.
I accept what you say, however we cannot continue to blame the Officials, they have to apply the laws of the game, they have to be un biased ( no matter how biased we feel they are being, believe me they are not ), they can only give what they see ( remember your line of sight is totally different to thiers ), they have to make a split second decision and STICK to it ( no Andy Gray graphics on a football pitch!! ). I would say, do you think you could / would have done a better job?

The AR has to watch the ball, the players, the defensive line and the Ref all the same time. All AR's are given prematch instructions by the Ref. The general rule nowadays ( in giving offside decisions ) is that you keep your flag down untill the ball bounces, which can often give the impression that the flag is 'late' and also lets the defending player/s get back again giving the impression that the attacker is onside.............however as he was offside when the ball was struck, he remains so when it bounces!!..........Confusing? you should try applying it!!!! LOL.

I personally find it much harder to run the line than Ref the game, mind you I'm fat and getting on a bit now!!!

Refs and AR's do a difficult job, but like you and I they are human and mistakes are inevitable, and lets face it, its only human that we tend only to remember the 'bad' decisions, especially when things are'nt going our way!

By the way what have you got against us Saturday/Sunday league Refs.............lol

Ok I'll shut up now!!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 22:49   #35
God Member

another plus point in home matches of the past it looked like players had'nt put a lot of effort well tonight they did maybe to no avail but i would rather see them lose after playing with a bit of effort and tonight they did...
Old 12-02-2008, 23:19   #36
God Member

this is what i think we need to do?keep coley, get coley to go on a defensive course that is no slur on him he is a young manager and still learning ,get a defensive midfielder or some body who we have already got to trrack back and defend against the spare man it might cut out the defensive mistakes we keep making as the defenders are always caught in 2 minds which player to go for.. whoever we have played this season always seems to have the tactical nouse to have a midfielder coming through the channels and none of our midfielders track back as they take their eye off the opposition players.sign or loan an all n out striker who stays in the box thats no slur on mully because he wouldn't get any of the ball if he didn,t vary his positional play.we need a striker who is always in the box because mullers made a brilliant cross tonight but there was nobody there. we are starting to have the basis of a half decent team again just needs tinkering with and a few cogs in the wheel
Old 13-02-2008, 00:16   #37
Senior Member+

Play a defensive midfielder?

I'm sure Proccy and Jay Harris are both defensive minded midfielders! The midfielder we need is someone who can create things, someone to put their foot on the ball and pick a pass, keep the ball and create chances. That player should be Craney playing in central midfield and not as a striker.

To be honest I thought we were awful tonight. The ref and linesmen to be fair didnt do much wrong, we created chances but we could not finish them for love nor money. The football was poor, it was all up in the air like ping pong, hoof forward and then hoof straight back to our defenders. Effort? Majority were coasting along tonight, thought we were plain, boring, easy to defend against and frustrating.

Teams are coming to the FES and its just too easy to play against us and pick up points. Craney playing up top IMO isnt working, and were basically playing 4-5-1 at home which isn't good. This system works away and as we know from playing it away from home it picks up the points and is the right system to use, but not at home. I know we've no fit strikers bar Mullers but surely someone has to be brought in before Saturday, we need some pace and someone to frighten defenders as we are so predictable when going forward. I've just seen the goals on SkySportsNews and really I dont think I need to comment on the way we defended when the goals were scored, mis-kicks, players not marking etc etc......

We've got to be careful that we dont get sucked into this dogfight at the bottom because we are dropping down in there. We need something on Saturday which is a big ask and the next few games arent easy. Tonight was winnable, but yet again a home game goes by and another defeat. We seem to have run out of ideas both attacking and defensive, we cant break teams down at home, but they can break us down with ease....
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 00:41   #38
God Member

couldnt get to the match tonight but from all accounts (in the bar after the game) we did put the effort in tonight which is all I ask. If we aren't good enough one week then so be it, as long as the effort is there. lets have it right, Lincoln have won 5 drawn 1 from their last 8 games which is bloody good form for a team at the wrong end of the table. It was never gonna be as easy as some thought. but three nowt?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..