View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 10:21   #2
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Mary Pollard/Mary Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharman View Post
Dear all

I have just come across some paperwork that belonged to my great grandmother and in it she mentions a Mary Pollard and a Mary Roberts of 2 Monarch Street, Oswaldtwistle. The paperwork is dated about 1942. As I am researching my family history would be interested to know who these two ladies are, are they still alive or if not are there any family members of them who might remember my great grandparents?

My great grandparents were Agnes Ann Walmsley and Harold Vincent Walmsley, they had a grocer's shop at 77 Whalley Road, Accrington at least into the 1920s, possibly longer.

Do any of these names ring any bells with anybody?

Sharman
Hi Sharman I'm sorry to inform you that they are both deceased, and have been for many years now. I was brought up at no 8 Monarch Street, and my father lived there until he died in 2003. Miss Pollard (has I knew her) died when I was about 8 or 9 year old, (I'm now 61) and I think Mary Roberts died before her, because I can't remember her being there but seen to think my parents talked about her, hope this is of some help to you
jaysay