Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2008, 18:45   #1
Junior Member+

Wink Mary Pollard/Mary Roberts

Dear all

I have just come across some paperwork that belonged to my great grandmother and in it she mentions a Mary Pollard and a Mary Roberts of 2 Monarch Street, Oswaldtwistle. The paperwork is dated about 1942. As I am researching my family history would be interested to know who these two ladies are, are they still alive or if not are there any family members of them who might remember my great grandparents?

My great grandparents were Agnes Ann Walmsley and Harold Vincent Walmsley, they had a grocer's shop at 77 Whalley Road, Accrington at least into the 1920s, possibly longer.

Do any of these names ring any bells with anybody?

Sharman
Sharman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-05-2008, 10:21   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Mary Pollard/Mary Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharman View Post
Dear all

I have just come across some paperwork that belonged to my great grandmother and in it she mentions a Mary Pollard and a Mary Roberts of 2 Monarch Street, Oswaldtwistle. The paperwork is dated about 1942. As I am researching my family history would be interested to know who these two ladies are, are they still alive or if not are there any family members of them who might remember my great grandparents?

My great grandparents were Agnes Ann Walmsley and Harold Vincent Walmsley, they had a grocer's shop at 77 Whalley Road, Accrington at least into the 1920s, possibly longer.

Do any of these names ring any bells with anybody?

Sharman
Hi Sharman I'm sorry to inform you that they are both deceased, and have been for many years now. I was brought up at no 8 Monarch Street, and my father lived there until he died in 2003. Miss Pollard (has I knew her) died when I was about 8 or 9 year old, (I'm now 61) and I think Mary Roberts died before her, because I can't remember her being there but seen to think my parents talked about her, hope this is of some help to you
jaysay
Old 10-05-2008, 10:36   #3
Junior Member+

Re: Mary Pollard/Mary Roberts

Hi Jaysay

Thank you for your response its much appreciated.

Sorry to be a pest but can you remember anything about these two ladies, for example where they worked as I am trying to work out the relationship between these two ladies and my great grandmother. She did in fact leave them £100 each in her will in 1942 so they must have been special to her. They may have been related to her but I just cant find the connection. My great grandmother was Agnes Ann Taylor before she married my grandfather Harold Vincent Walmsley

Thanks again for your response it is much appreciated.

Best Regards
Sharman
Sharman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..