View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 14:28   #1
mothernature

How Many Ways Do You Think Your Money Has Been Sneakily Taken From You?

Whilst giving the old brain a dusting down, I got to thinking of the ways money has been slyly taken from us via taxes and charges. Since having my children in the 80's I've noticed some of the things we pay now that have not helped me one iota (but I'm sure the rich have benefited from it) and I've lost a lot by having certain taxes/help reduced or abolished. Here are a few of them.

1. VAT on Elec/Gas/Water2. Charges for not using D/D to pay Utility Bills3. Current Accounts Monthly Fee4. No longer allowed milk tokens/school meals/uniforms unless on Income Support. Used to get it if you claimed FIS or earned under certain amount.5. Rent free weeks reduced to 2 instead of 4 if Council Tenant6. Water Rates included in with rent if Council Tenant7. Free prescriptions only available on income support/in school, over 60 or earning less than £12000 per year. Used to get it if you claimed FIS.8. Travel costs for hospital appointments paid if you are on Income support/DLA. Used to get it if you claimed FIS9. Dentists/Opticians if on Income Support, in school, over 60 or earn under £12000 per year. Used to get it if you claimed FIS10. Married mans tax allowance. Abolished11. Jobseekers now taxable earnings.12. Working Tax Credit (was FIS) now based on previous gross earnings in last tax year. Used to be based on net earnings from previous 7 weeks earnings.

Can you think of any other ways we have been robbed?
mothernature is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web