View Single Post
Old 29-10-2008, 13:40   #1
Studio25

Pub Quiz in Great Harwood

9pm to 11pm every Wednesday at the Victoria Hotel (Butcher Brig) in Great Harwood. Prize isn't huge, so don't come expecting elitist questions; but there's fine beer, good company, and everyone enjoys the opportunity to make the quizmaster look a complete t*t.

Picture rounds are handed out at 9pm ish, depending how hard I make them (sample attached is an easy one)

I try my best to get the quiz underway by 9:30: Forty questions in two sessions. The first session is usually made up of categories suggested by players the previous week, but not this week because I'm returning after a short break.

The quiz is funded by a raffle during the break, which pays for the raffle prize, quiz prize, and mid-session food. Depending on the week you come, the snack will be one of:
Sautéed veal with couscous
Penne Arrabiata
Lobster Thermidor
Sandwiches and pork pies
Chip butties

Question 40 is always set by Sam, my nine-year-old son. An example, with a bit of added artistic licence from me, is:
In the film Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade- what was the chisel-jawed, whip-cracking, sweaty-arsed grave robber actually trying to find?

Prize is £10 for the first placed team and £5 for the runner up team.

Note that the Google map on their website has the pushpin in the wrong place. The pub is on the little loop at the end of St John's road.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20080827.jpg (248.5 KB, 47 views)

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web