View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 00:31   #28
carpon
Full Member+

Re: does anyone know a cheap place to get dog neuterd

Only just noticed this thread, so if it helps.......

If you're on benefit, Id suggest writing to, or contacting somehow, the Dogs Trust. I was on benefit when my dog needed speying, got in touch with them and they donated about 80% of the cost. (I can't remember the exact amount!!)

Incidentally,for all the people who are quick to cast aspersions, I was working when I got my hound, which I was told was a rescue dog who would have otherwise been put to sleep if nobody gave her a good home. My ex then left me, I then lost my job (not connected), and found that she (the dog, not the ex !!!!) had not been speyed. (The Hound was a pup of about nine months when I got her and about 15 months when she needed the op)

I found the vets costs to be very expensive,especially as £60 quid a week from the state doesn't go a long way.

My dog is now a very happy and healthy nearly six years old and I am now a Dogs Trust supporter and donate a small but monthly amount to what I consider a good cause; and more than glad to give a little back for what they did for me and, more importantly the hound.

So before jumping on O2's back, it may be better to think about what you post before passing judgement. Whilst I'd agree that some folk take on pets without thinking about the cost, resulting in a lot of abandoned and uncared for animals, At least O2 is looking to act responsibly and have the hound neutered.!!!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote