Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-07-2010, 15:42   #16
Senior Member+

Re: does anyone know a cheap place to get dog neuterd

teeheehee flashy!!!!

heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-07-2010, 16:18   #17

Exuse me right the dog was given to me as a puppy by my girl freinds mum who cudnt cope with it and iif you the patterdale terrier is not a pedigree breed okay
02hudsond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 21:47   #18
Senior Member+

Not that I normally interfere but this chap asked an honest question. First of all everyone presumed he was on benefits and then criticised him for buying the dog in the first place. He didn“t do that just homed him and now is acting responsibly towards the dog.

Give him a bit of a break and some support.

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 23:26   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
I had to have our cat put to sleep recently and i am on benefits i was told to get in-touch with the PDSA which i did they said the laws have changed and you must be within a certain distance of a PDSA center to be able to claim the nearest one to Accrington is Blackpool which is outside the area.
but the surgery which again was Mearley said if you contacted the RSPCA before you have the op done they will contribute to the op in the end i paid £50
to have the cat put to sleep
vets really know how to charge £15 for the consultation and £35 for injection i was only in there 5 Min's
Exactly the same for me, doesn't seem right
Old 30-07-2010, 00:30   #20
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I think you get charged a lot more for pets. I know someone who paid £300 to have a cats eye taken out when it was injured.
When a hen in the park needed its eye out I asked how much it would cost, the vet made a phone call and she estimated it to be a tenth of that.
Old 30-07-2010, 08:17   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I think you get charged a lot more for pets. I know someone who paid £300 to have a cats eye taken out when it was injured.
When a hen in the park needed its eye out I asked how much it would cost, the vet made a phone call and she estimated it to be a tenth of that.
That'll be because many people have pets insured. Anywhere the money is coming from a 3rd party always inflates the price IMV. If you want your car bodywork repaired and tell them it's not an insurance job the quote will be halved.
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 16:09   #22

Hope you get the help you need O2, fair play to you for taking it on responsibly. What is his name? Keep us posted as to the outcome.
kikine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 16:19   #23

My mate has a Bedddlington. It was getting a bit frisky/aggressive so he got it done - £70. But it's still mad as a hatter !
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 16:38   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebtelford View Post
My mate has a Bedddlington. It was getting a bit frisky/aggressive so he got it done - £70. But it's still mad as a hatter !
I don't think it should be done to calm a dog down cause it doesn't. Everone said I should get my black lab done years ago to calm him down but I didn't, proper training and lots of excercise. He is an old man now and still hasn't done it!!!
kikine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 16:48   #25
God Member

Why didn't you just kill it, pluck it and eat it? Keeping a one-eyed chicken seems like animal cruelty to me.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 20:34   #26
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Why are you wanting him neutered anyway ? If it's to stop him trying to hump everything & tone down his aggression you can get a rod inserted (like a chip) it releases things into his system to calm him down. One of the lads over here had a Husky that was domineering & at times aggressive, they injected this rod & it settled him down just fine.

Plus it doesn't have the same side effects as neutering (fat, lazy, hairy walking rug) & it can always allow for the Dog to go back to being a Dog should it be required, I mean neutering is pretty terminal, there's just no going back.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 20:54   #27
Junior Member+

I think you just need to keep ringing round there are some cheep vets available but you may need to travel to them, I live in Darwen & my vet is in Preston but he's worth the trip every time becuase he does it for the love of animal not the money & it shows with the care he gives.
rachaelmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 00:31   #28
Full Member+

Only just noticed this thread, so if it helps.......

If you're on benefit, Id suggest writing to, or contacting somehow, the Dogs Trust. I was on benefit when my dog needed speying, got in touch with them and they donated about 80% of the cost. (I can't remember the exact amount!!)

Incidentally,for all the people who are quick to cast aspersions, I was working when I got my hound, which I was told was a rescue dog who would have otherwise been put to sleep if nobody gave her a good home. My ex then left me, I then lost my job (not connected), and found that she (the dog, not the ex !!!!) had not been speyed. (The Hound was a pup of about nine months when I got her and about 15 months when she needed the op)

I found the vets costs to be very expensive,especially as £60 quid a week from the state doesn't go a long way.

My dog is now a very happy and healthy nearly six years old and I am now a Dogs Trust supporter and donate a small but monthly amount to what I consider a good cause; and more than glad to give a little back for what they did for me and, more importantly the hound.

So before jumping on O2's back, it may be better to think about what you post before passing judgement. Whilst I'd agree that some folk take on pets without thinking about the cost, resulting in a lot of abandoned and uncared for animals, At least O2 is looking to act responsibly and have the hound neutered.!!!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..