Thread: BlackburnWeb
View Single Post
Old 16-08-2011, 18:02   #11
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Blackburn Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by odders View Post
Just checked myself and got 404 messages. Whilst not a member on that site,I would go on once a week. Only because you could read all posts posted within half hour if that. It seems to have suffered like BurnleyWeb, to many update changes, too little site traffic and probably run by someone sat in their bedroom thinking they can create the next new local website, without leaving the room. Over the years the site has moved from one style to the other trying to better itself(shine out amongst the others), but to no avail. It is okay to have a shiny latest software forum, if you have a demographic that use it. If only the folks of its creation are using it why upgrade? It is at you the site owners cost. The guy who now has it posted a thread about getting shut a few weeks ago, I bet that week he got more site traffic since he took it over. And he himself reverted back to vBulletin software for the regulars, as that was his demograph.

As to why it is down, I do not know. But it does look like whoever owns the site has pulled the plug
I went on Yesterday morning but tried again about this time last night and I just got the message cant be found. I haven't received any notification from Michael (who owns the site) or FA who is currently running it, but I think your right, there have been more changes than I change my socks, its daft, I tried to say that Accy Web as changed very little since I joined in 2005, just minor tweaks her and there but its basically the same and easy to use and everybody knows just what the score is, change is never a good thing, continuity is far better