Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-08-2011, 13:49   #1

BlackburnWeb

Has this site closed down again? Managed to get on yesterday but nothing today.
Jim Procter is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-08-2011, 14:44   #2
I am Banned

Re: BlackburnWeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Procter View Post
Won't open for me either, appen Faceless Admin is messing about agian.
Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2011, 14:52   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Procter View Post
Just checked myself and got 404 messages. Whilst not a member on that site,I would go on once a week. Only because you could read all posts posted within half hour if that. It seems to have suffered like BurnleyWeb, to many update changes, too little site traffic and probably run by someone sat in their bedroom thinking they can create the next new local website, without leaving the room. Over the years the site has moved from one style to the other trying to better itself(shine out amongst the others), but to no avail. It is okay to have a shiny latest software forum, if you have a demographic that use it. If only the folks of its creation are using it why upgrade? It is at you the site owners cost. The guy who now has it posted a thread about getting shut a few weeks ago, I bet that week he got more site traffic since he took it over. And he himself reverted back to vBulletin software for the regulars, as that was his demograph.

As to why it is down, I do not know. But it does look like whoever owns the site has pulled the plug
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2011, 14:56   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Won't open for me either, appen Faceless Admin is messing about agian.
Retlaw.
I have not seen you post since he changed it back to vBulletin software, did you post last night? And he thought sod it I cant make another thread about killing the site...or was it popye aka fruit preserve sandwich

Last edited by odders; 16-08-2011 at 15:00.
Old 16-08-2011, 15:09   #5
Give, give, give member

Coronation Street would never have took off either.

If the only characters had been Ena Sharples, Minnie Caldwell, and Martha Longhurst.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2011, 15:40   #6
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

You have to keep updating the forum software if you want to keep ahead of the hackers and fix problems. Our gallery does not work, do you think we should update/fix/leave it broken?
Old 16-08-2011, 15:44   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
You have to keep updating the forum software if you want to keep ahead of the hackers and fix problems. Our gallery does not work, do you think we should update/fix/leave it broken?
Make a poll, or ask the person you are making the question to.
Old 16-08-2011, 15:48   #8

Software updates are compulsory when owning a forum. It depends on which forum software you use though as to how you make the changes to the end user.

Most like it as it was, and vBulletin gives you that.
Old 16-08-2011, 16:07   #9
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by odders View Post
I have not seen you post since he changed it back to vBulletin software, did you post last night? And he thought sod it I cant make another thread about killing the site...or was it popye aka fruit preserve sandwich
Nowt to do with me, not posted for a while, nowt to post about. That Popeye/Jambutty will be going stir crazy wi nowt to moan about.
Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2011, 16:12   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Nowt to do with me, not posted for a while, nowt to post about. That Popeye/Jambutty will be going stir crazy wi nowt to moan about.
Retlaw.
Maybe he should of grown spinach, instead of flowers
Old 16-08-2011, 18:02   #11
Resting in Peace

Re: Blackburn Web

Quote:
Just checked myself and got 404 messages. Whilst not a member on that site,I would go on once a week. Only because you could read all posts posted within half hour if that. It seems to have suffered like BurnleyWeb, to many update changes, too little site traffic and probably run by someone sat in their bedroom thinking they can create the next new local website, without leaving the room. Over the years the site has moved from one style to the other trying to better itself(shine out amongst the others), but to no avail. It is okay to have a shiny latest software forum, if you have a demographic that use it. If only the folks of its creation are using it why upgrade? It is at you the site owners cost. The guy who now has it posted a thread about getting shut a few weeks ago, I bet that week he got more site traffic since he took it over. And he himself reverted back to vBulletin software for the regulars, as that was his demograph.

As to why it is down, I do not know. But it does look like whoever owns the site has pulled the plug
I went on Yesterday morning but tried again about this time last night and I just got the message cant be found. I haven't received any notification from Michael (who owns the site) or FA who is currently running it, but I think your right, there have been more changes than I change my socks, its daft, I tried to say that Accy Web as changed very little since I joined in 2005, just minor tweaks her and there but its basically the same and easy to use and everybody knows just what the score is, change is never a good thing, continuity is far better
Old 16-08-2011, 18:03   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Maybe he should of grown spinach, instead of flowers
Or deadly night shade
Old 16-08-2011, 19:26   #13
Give, give, give member

People make forums.

Constantly changing things doesn't help.

Even as an occasional browser, when overtaken by masochistic urges, it had become very difficult to read.

Having so few regular posters, with Jammy Coffin Dodger as King Pin, made reading it even more painful.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2011, 09:09   #14
Resting in Peace

I see Blackburn Web is back on line this morning ain't been on yet will report why there was an absence later

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..