Thread: what?
View Single Post
Old 30-10-2004, 23:59   #1
MarkDWFox

what?

was going on with Accy today? I'm a Leigh fan, and have only ever left your stadium with a smile on my face once before- when we beat Kendal Town in the Lancashire trophy!
For me, what you are desperatley lacking is a goalscorer. If Chris Simm played for you, you'd have beaten us by about 4. you also played with far too many people at the back- our defence is particaularly poor, but you didn't commit enough players forward to expose us. Lutel James should play every match- the only time our defence looked suspect is when he came on. Your defence looked poor, and I think that's because usually you have enough good attacking players to hide the inefficiencies, but today you didn't. Part of me wonders if it is to do with your manager getting above himself. Reading the programme, he was on about formations and whether they suit Acccrington. At this level, he shouldn't be trying to mould his team into a formation, he should be using his players to find the best formation- you're a briliant, slow build up team, but your midfielers are never going to win every game by scoring goals from 25 yards out- you need some width and a goalscorer- the rest of your team is good enough to win the conference.

Good luck with the rest of your season- I enjoy my trips to your place- there's always fans happy to talk about conference football- remember, it could be worse- you could be an RMI fan!
MarkDWFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web