Thread: The Stanleys!
View Single Post
Old 30-09-2011, 00:28   #6
Pray Do Tell

Re: The Stanleys!

this Amuses me much. As I am chip junior.... Cheeze.lol

well After the Stanleys chip went on to form “jamboree” and played with them for a few years before going to Blackburn college to study music. Ex members of jamboree can be found in the band “maupa.”...and also the “citizen band”...which coincidently the front man Chirs Bennet is the younger brother of beano the stanleys bass player.

As far as i am aware Bondi went to Accrington college to study music...and has been going strong solo for the past few years.
Chip and bondi did get back together recently with ian Dixon and a few others but if anything will flourish from this scenario i do not know.

I Grew watching the stanleys and many a local band seeing them all fall short was hard. You will be glad to know yours truly chip junior is now a successful session musician, composer and author within his own right... I have toured extensively these past few years the n.m.e tour, Feeder and lots of established artists. I owe a lot to the accy music scene and would of not got a music degree, worked for a record company or work in a private music school without it.... I hope that fresh talent can be recognized from such a small place and all the locals get behind them and give them the support they deserve..... and someone please restore the annual Oakhill park sound gig to what it used to be as its been pretty shambolic since the days of Dave fullove Cheers.
Pray Do Tell is offline   Reply With Quote