Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-03-2006, 19:39   #1

The Stanleys!

Did anyone go/enjoy the stanleys when they were playing the local bars(Harry's bar, North Eastern)...They were one of the bands that made a diference at that time for me.

Does anyone know what Bondy, Chip and co r up to right now...

....I recon they would rock the Attic for ould langs eyine!!

Please help folk, not just for the name recognition...for the band the fans and the town!
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-03-2006, 19:52   #2

Re: The Stanleys!

Come on Mr. Major.
You've only got yorself to blame this time.

Absolute Vintage Local Classics!

The tent up on the Peel Park(former stanley ground) was aone of the ones u had to see! It was in aid of a local disabled kid and the cash was to send him out to America for treatment...

What a band and goog folk collectively

p.s Funzig were on also and they did 3 encores. good band also.
Old 17-03-2006, 20:39   #3
Super Moderator

Chip Charnley! Accy's answer to Keith Moon!
Old 24-03-2006, 18:47   #4

mate ,good band granted. but that was 15 years ago. plug slideshow some more. the sound of now!!!!
stanerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2006, 10:54   #5

Don't worry there Stanerlee, Slideshow are still the local band of choice for me!!

P.S.

ANYONE WHO HASN'T SEEN THESE BOYS LIVE YET ARE MISSING OUT!

Next gig, Golden Cross Ossy, April 1.
Old 30-09-2011, 00:28   #6

this Amuses me much. As I am chip junior.... Cheeze.lol

well After the Stanleys chip went on to form “jamboree” and played with them for a few years before going to Blackburn college to study music. Ex members of jamboree can be found in the band “maupa.”...and also the “citizen band”...which coincidently the front man Chirs Bennet is the younger brother of beano the stanleys bass player.

As far as i am aware Bondi went to Accrington college to study music...and has been going strong solo for the past few years.
Chip and bondi did get back together recently with ian Dixon and a few others but if anything will flourish from this scenario i do not know.

I Grew watching the stanleys and many a local band seeing them all fall short was hard. You will be glad to know yours truly chip junior is now a successful session musician, composer and author within his own right... I have toured extensively these past few years the n.m.e tour, Feeder and lots of established artists. I owe a lot to the accy music scene and would of not got a music degree, worked for a record company or work in a private music school without it.... I hope that fresh talent can be recognized from such a small place and all the locals get behind them and give them the support they deserve..... and someone please restore the annual Oakhill park sound gig to what it used to be as its been pretty shambolic since the days of Dave fullove Cheers.
Pray Do Tell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 17:11   #7
Senior Member+

Was Fullalove Accy's answer to Alan McGee lol
Alan McGee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

certainly looked like him a bit, or was it just the ginger hair?
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..