View Single Post
Old 14-10-2011, 16:20   #39
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: There'll be no Palin in the White House

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseyebarb View Post
Thank you darlin'. But don't expect me to make a habit of it because I'm so busy these days and haven't the time to spare.

By the way, I am not here to defend Mrs. Palin - or anyone else for that matter. Just thought it would be nice to point out the media double standard and perhaps throw in a little context now and again. To that end, I did a little research on the quote you mentioned regarding Palin and Canadian healthcare, which seemed to imply that she, as an adult, had taken her own family there for treatment. In fact, she was a child when her parents sought care in Canada during the 1960's - a time when there was no federal healthcare system in that country. The first such legislation came around 1972. The current system was instituted under the Canada Health Act of 1984. It's likely that Mrs. Palin's parents lived in a rather remote area of the U.S. and it may well have been that the closest medical facilities were across the border.
My, you have been busy.

Now that's as clear as mud, I'm sure we'll all sleep much easier in our beds tonight.

Thank you.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote