View Single Post
Old 17-10-2011, 04:20   #1
Eric
God Member

Never thought I'd live to see it ....

Well folks, I think that The Revolution has started ... Though where it started (and how it will play out), I don't really know. Egypt, maybe? Libya? Maybe it is the inevitable result of social networking. But, can you sense it? ... all over the world in tens of countries, and hundreds of cities?People are tired of getting po'd in private, and are taking their protests to the streeet. I do get the sense that history will look at what is happening now as the beginning of real change. Many of the concerns expressed on this forum, particularly those concerning the response of polititcians, once elected, are being expressed by protesters around the world ... check out what one British Columbian thinks: Your Take: Occupy Canada as the beginning of positive change - Your Community ... A fair bit of what he is saying I have read in many posts on here. Particularly the bits about politicians. In posts about Britain's membership in the EU, "the lack of accountability and visibility of our elected officials" is a theme that occurs regularly.

It's not impossible that something profoundly important is starting ...

If someone had told me 20 yrs ago that I would live to see a black man in the White House, I would have said: "Get the (expletive deleted) outa here. And sell me some of that stuff you are smoking."

I don't know if this is "It" ... but I do see it as something positive that has started and cannot be stopped ... delayed, maybe ... postponed, perhaps ... but not stopped.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web