Old 15-01-2012, 22:19   #22
cashman
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Should we extradite Sarah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
In answer to that, Cashy, yes, I do think that this is one of those cases where the end justifies the means. I’m sure if it has helped the living conditions of these children, then it can only be of some justification.

This happens all the time with foreign reporters, and most people are shocked at what they see and do not condemn the messengers. It is purely who Fergie is that appears to attract criticism.

I often wonder if some secret filming of the concentration camps during the war had been available early enough, what effect it would have had on people’s determination to end Hitler’s tyrannical reign. Allies and the people of Germany too.

I don’t expect many of the Turkish people have seen this documentary and think they would be up in arms if they did. If it had happened in the U.K. whereby a reporter from another county had filmed something similar, we would not have been angry at the secret filming, but angry that this was happening in our country and questions asked of our Government as to what they are doing about it. I have faith in my countrymen that we are a humane nation.

Please try and take time out to watch this interview with Chris Rogers (the other presenter charged) … he says all I want to say, but much more eloquently.

BBC News - TV presenter on Turkey undercover filming with Duchess of York

It's not going to happen anyway as we have no extradition agreement with Turkey, so your poll is wasted.
Film on concentration camps wasn't available during the war as yeh say, But its known fact our government n others were well aware of that horror going on n chose to do sod all about it. n the poll isn't wasted i put in anything goes fer reason yeh mentioned, but it confirmed my belief on who would support her.