Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should we extradite Sarah?
Yes we should 6 60.00%
No. 4 40.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2012, 12:36   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Should we extradite Sarah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
What i wonder Hypothetical as it is, if was n ordinary oik,who had done this n extradition was requested, the odds on em granting it would be greatly increased fer the oik? I wonder,
Could be the other way around, Cashy ? Because she is who she is could be the reason they have done it. It may be any attempt to put into doubt her exposures of the diabolical conditions of the children of these orphanages.

To me, she did something which should be praised, and no way should she be extradited (if they ask for that eventually).

I think some of you are just letting your overall dislike of Fergie cloud this particular issue.

Yes, I did notice it was put in 'Anything Goes', so may be was meant tongue in cheek.

Last edited by katex; 14-01-2012 at 12:44. Reason: Afterthought
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-01-2012, 17:59   #17
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

To be honest I don't really care one way or another whether they do or don't, but having said that, whatever is decided & under what conditions & conventions should then be applied similarly to all British citizens in a similar position irrespective of status, heritage or background.
Old 14-01-2012, 18:05   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya but she's not true blue blood Royal Dave
She must have had some royal in her at some point though john
Old 14-01-2012, 19:44   #19

Was it not to do with her filming the state of the orphanages in Turkey? Perhaps she should be praised for daring to do it if it was needed?
She might be better off (and safer) publicising the state of private children's homes in England which are generally speaking a disgrace and could do to be brought to the attention of the public in my opinion - if anyone cares.
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2012, 11:38   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post

To me, she did something which should be praised, and no way should she be extradited (if they ask for that eventually).

Yes, I did notice it was put in 'Anything Goes', so may be was meant tongue in cheek.
So to you Kate,breaking the law of a country should be praised?I may not agree wi certain laws but abide by em to the best of me ability. Think praise is a dangerous road to go down.
Old 15-01-2012, 18:25   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
So to you Kate,breaking the law of a country should be praised?I may not agree wi certain laws but abide by em to the best of me ability. Think praise is a dangerous road to go down.
In answer to that, Cashy, yes, I do think that this is one of those cases where the end justifies the means. I’m sure if it has helped the living conditions of these children, then it can only be of some justification.

This happens all the time with foreign reporters, and most people are shocked at what they see and do not condemn the messengers. It is purely who Fergie is that appears to attract criticism.

I often wonder if some secret filming of the concentration camps during the war had been available early enough, what effect it would have had on people’s determination to end Hitler’s tyrannical reign. Allies and the people of Germany too.

I don’t expect many of the Turkish people have seen this documentary and think they would be up in arms if they did. If it had happened in the U.K. whereby a reporter from another county had filmed something similar, we would not have been angry at the secret filming, but angry that this was happening in our country and questions asked of our Government as to what they are doing about it. I have faith in my countrymen that we are a humane nation.

Please try and take time out to watch this interview with Chris Rogers (the other presenter charged) … he says all I want to say, but much more eloquently.

BBC News - TV presenter on Turkey undercover filming with Duchess of York

It's not going to happen anyway as we have no extradition agreement with Turkey, so your poll is wasted.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2012, 22:19   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
In answer to that, Cashy, yes, I do think that this is one of those cases where the end justifies the means. I’m sure if it has helped the living conditions of these children, then it can only be of some justification.

This happens all the time with foreign reporters, and most people are shocked at what they see and do not condemn the messengers. It is purely who Fergie is that appears to attract criticism.

I often wonder if some secret filming of the concentration camps during the war had been available early enough, what effect it would have had on people’s determination to end Hitler’s tyrannical reign. Allies and the people of Germany too.

I don’t expect many of the Turkish people have seen this documentary and think they would be up in arms if they did. If it had happened in the U.K. whereby a reporter from another county had filmed something similar, we would not have been angry at the secret filming, but angry that this was happening in our country and questions asked of our Government as to what they are doing about it. I have faith in my countrymen that we are a humane nation.

Please try and take time out to watch this interview with Chris Rogers (the other presenter charged) … he says all I want to say, but much more eloquently.

BBC News - TV presenter on Turkey undercover filming with Duchess of York

It's not going to happen anyway as we have no extradition agreement with Turkey, so your poll is wasted.
Film on concentration camps wasn't available during the war as yeh say, But its known fact our government n others were well aware of that horror going on n chose to do sod all about it. n the poll isn't wasted i put in anything goes fer reason yeh mentioned, but it confirmed my belief on who would support her.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..