Thread: taxi rip off
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 07:47   #13
hedman2003

Re: taxi rip off

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Tonight (Saturday) my neice ordered a taxi from Arrow taxis just after tea time, and asked how much it would be, the receptionist quoted a price of £2.50p as it was only a two minute ride. The taxi arrived, and she got in , the taxi (a minibus) set off on the journey, she mentioned to the driver that the fee was quoted as £2.50p. He said no it isnt, its double because of the bad weather. She said that she wasnt paying that as she already had a price. With that the driver ordered her out of the taxi some 200 hundred yards from her start point, a woman on her own she complied.

As anyone who was out and about at this time you will know that it was sleet that was freezing on contact. it was -2c at the time. She had no choice but to return to her start point despite the hazardous conditions.

Now the question is, was it the driver who was taking advantage of the high volume of users due to the weather, to make a bit extra, or was it the company, or is there a policy of double the price in bad weather. What happened to Duty of Care, and Health and Safety.

I will be making a complaint to the council first thing Monday morning, but so that you know it was Arrow Taxis located on Kenyon Street, use at your peril

Agreed it is a rip off however intially I would complain to the owner to find out is it company policy or is it driver trying to make a quick buck and then when you have clarrified that and you don't receive satisfaction then it's time to go the press and the council. I'm not sure if they can vary their prices without getting approval. In any event you had a verbal contract on the price.

I wonder what he would have done if he had reached the destination and then quibbled - would he if have gone back to the start of the journey

keep us informed of progress

Last edited by hedman2003; 05-02-2012 at 07:51.
hedman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote